What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.9 today which means T2 is doing me too much damage and bg will rise through the morning so not a good start. This is where always test and eat to your meter fail some of us IMHO. Having done that and seeing this, now what? I can and have fasted for days but results were no better than IF (in some respects quite negative consequences). Potentially, 12% carbs and 17% protein yesterday was slightly too high (71% fat) but the menu was the distilled essence of LC I could tolerate and even at low level activity below what I used. Analysing and playing the game has limits and throws up problems. Explaining LC and even then how some of us still have these problems would be far more helpful /honest at DX than either no need to test or a guide/recommendation to LC, IMHO.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...woke to a mighty 7.5 this morning but no hugs necessary I know exactly why...the online shopping arrived last night included were some custard tarts...not for me for my friend who is bringing Frankie his cavalier to stay here for a few days tomorrow...they had a short expiry date so just before bed I succumbed...after all the hard work here yesterday I needed it/them ( there were two)… another busy day of preparation & home maintenance but not before coffee.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I have much empathy, it's a very difficult journey.

I always wonder what my BG would have been before hitting LCHF diet, yes we have lost weight which in my case is good but other than bread which always spikes me, my BG seems to hover around the same from days of almost 0 carbs to days of under 30 grams of carbs or fasting, I get quite disappointed with Dracula's results.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.9 today which means T2 is doing me too much damage and bg will rise through the morning so not a good start. This is where always test and eat to your meter fail some of us IMHO. Having done that and seeing this, now what? I can and have fasted for days but results were no better than IF (in some respects quite negative consequences). Potentially, 12% carbs and 17% protein yesterday was slightly too high (71% fat) but the menu was the distilled essence of LC I could tolerate and even at low level activity below what I used. Analysing and playing the game has limits and throws up problems. Explaining LC and even then how some of us still have these problems would be far more helpful /honest at DX than either no need to test or a guide/recommendation to LC, IMHO.

Thank you for being so informative @ianpspurs
I appreciate reading it.
I do a similar analysis on my food.
But I failed yesterday...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I have much empathy, it's a very difficult journey.

I always wonder what my BG would have been before hitting LCHF diet, yes we have lost weight which in my case is good but other than bread which always spikes me, my BG seems to hover around the same from days of almost 0 carbs to days of under just under 30 grams of carbs or fasting, I get quite disappointed with Dracula's results.
@Muddy Cyclist LCHF has undoubtedly controlled your bg much better than not doing it. I don't want to trigger disappointment in you or anyone else and results is less helpful than readings or some such. A frank acknowledgement that you can do all the "right" things and still get all the "wrong" outcomes may help others.
@gennepher I really don't think fail is the correct, or at least most helpful, way of seeing this. Things didn't turnout as expected and you probably won't try that again. On another day things may have turned out differently. As many posts on here have shown, reaction to food is full of surprises.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.1 this morning which is ok, and my chest seems a bit easier so I'm holding out that it's not an infection. I'll see how I go tomorrow when I go walkies. Today though I am taking it steady and staying in my den :)

View attachment 35682

That is one amazing den @HarrisonK

I covet it!

Total immersion...

Take care

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning. Yesterday I made good progress on my beading. Cat medallions bracelet finished. White ditties bracelet, beaded to 6 inches, can’t go longer till I can take it to grandmother and measure to her wrist. But the ditties curse continues I put the clasp on one end only to find the other loop is broken! I don’t have another of the same clasp, so I ordered some yesterday I just hope they’re the same. Otherwise I will have to cut it to pieces like I done many times for the black one.
DDACF494-02AF-4676-B574-3FBAA76F72B8.jpeg 90B6F685-0D16-4A2A-8699-989E90C26B81.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't want to trigger disappointment in you or anyone else
You don't @ianpspurs your posts regarding your BG are useful and informative and it's helpful to know others are as mystified by the BG readings and analysis that we all try to understand, that is what the forum achieves, keeps us all pressing on regardless. I can only thank you and others for the support and chit chat, it all helps.

Reactions: jjraak

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today though I am taking it steady and staying in my den :)
As someone who is officially technologically incompetent Harrison that photo is impressive...I have a tablet that I locked myself out of for over a year...when I finally managed to 'break into' it I hadn't the heart to use it...it's still sitting on my old laptop brooding...how on earth do you manage that system?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oops @Krystyna23040

You had better not follow me then, when I turn off from a queue or first exit after a motorway accident. I don’t like queues or waiting in gridlock, so I think to myself that I will go on a country drive on the way home!

I end up with a queue of cars following me thinking I know what I am doing. Then I get self conscious and embarrassed.

So I drive into a lay-by, open the car door, and get my coffee flask out...

When they have all glared at me as they drove past, I then start off again...
@gennepher please please tell me what car you drive and I will be careful not to follow you.

I was the lead car only once. In torrential rain there was a horrendous crash on the A47 and I made the mistake of turning off on a single track road I had never been down before. A queue of cars followed me as I looked as though I knew the way.

All went well until we came to a ford that had turned into a raging torrent. There was no way that I could do it - even though I could see that if I didn't move now we would all be stuck as the water was rising fast and there was no way we could all reverse back along the track.

Another driver quickly realised that I was too petrified to move so he said that he was sure it wasn't too deep and that if his car got through we could all get through. He had a real struggle to inch past me on the narrow track and although the water was really high we all got through - thank goodness. It was so nice not to be the lead driver.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
As someone who is officially technologically incompetent Harrison that photo is impressive...I have a tablet that I locked myself out of for over a year...when I finally managed to 'break into' it I hadn't the heart to use it...it's still sitting on my old laptop brooding...how on earth do you manage that system?
I will join as another person who is officially technologically incompetent.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
On another day things may have turned out differently as many posts on here have shown reaction to food is full of surprises.
I absolutely agree with you there. When I was injecting insulin it was so stressful because the same meal and the same amount of insulin would give me wildly different blood sugars on different days. There seemed to be no rhyme or reason to it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.8 this morning. Yesterday I made good progress on my beading. Cat medallions bracelet finished. White ditties bracelet, beaded to 6 inches, can’t go longer till I can take it to grandmother and measure to her wrist. But the ditties curse continues I put the clasp on one end only to find the other loop is broken! I don’t have another of the same clasp, so I ordered some yesterday I just hope they’re the same. Otherwise I will have to cut it to pieces like I done many times for the black one.
View attachment 35683 View attachment 35684

Such amazing work @Fndwheelie

I hope the order is the same clasp loop.

Reactions: Fndwheelie

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It is very simple once set up, I can run multiple programs without switching between them. For example, I usually run Photoshop on #1, design coding software on #2, and 'result' on #3. All screens can be split further so I can run 6 programs in the same 'instance'. Everything can be dragged and dropped between screens because the pc thinks it's one big screen measuring 5760x1080. I use the laptop for online research whilst programming and the iPads for checking the code works across different architecture.

It's also great for gaming :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher please please tell me what car you drive and I will be careful not to follow you.

I was the lead car only once. In torrential rain there was a horrendous crash on the A47 and I made the mistake of turning off on a single track road I had never been down before. A queue of cars followed me as I looked as though I knew the way.

All went well until we came to a ford that had turned into a raging torrent. There was no way that I could do it - even though I could see that if I didn't move now we would all be stuck as the water was rising fast and there was no way we could all reverse back along the track.

Another driver quickly realised that I was too petrified to move so he said that he was sure it wasn't too deep and that if his car got through we could all get through. He had a real struggle to inch past me on the narrow track and although the water was really high we all got through - thank goodness. It was so nice not to be the lead driver.

Aww @Krystyna23040

That was terrifying for you.

I’ll put a notice on the back of my car for you....

“Do not follow this driver, she is lost”

Will that work?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Today we are visiting Redwings Horse Sanctuary at Aylesham. Haven't been there for years so looking forward to walking round there and then coffee in their cafe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very simple once set up, I can run multiple programs without switching between them. For example, I usually run Photoshop on #1, design coding software on #2, and 'result' on #3. All screens can be split further so I can run 6 programs in the same 'instance'. Everything can be dragged and dropped between screens because the pc thinks it's one big screen measuring 5760x1080. I use the laptop for online research whilst programming and the iPads for checking the code works across different architecture.

It's also great for gaming :)
Impressive multitasking @HarrisonK

Yesterday my son turned up with a robotic Hoover that's been mapping its way around our house, programmed to hoover twice a day and find its way back to its charging station when low on power, its hoovering skills are also very impressive BUT it can't empty itself so Mrs MC and I still have control. Our Labrador dog is not sure about it though and you can no longer leave anything you value on the floor or else it's gone.