Type 1 Libre Sensor

Matteo1980

Hi you all,guys!
Just would like to ask someone of you,who you purchase Libre on your own. Where do you get it from and what’s the cheapest price? I am living in London and currently buying it via Amazon. My second sensor is very inaccurate and Abbot is refusing to take consideration if you are 3rd party customer. So have to find some better way. Straight from Abbott is not possible to get,now,only for existing customers.
Thanks a lot in advance for your tips!

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Asda pharmacy.

Reactions: Matteo1980

Matteo1980

[QUOTE=" the first 24 to 48 hours are often inaccurate as your body gets used to having a foreign body inserted. /QUOTE]

I know that,thanks! I am wearing the faulty one for 6 days now,hoping that will be better.
Tomorrow I will give a try and call Abbott’s customer support,to see what they say.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, you'll have to call around your local pharmacies to ask if they stock them and how much are they selling it for with VAT exemption. I know I use to buy them from ASDA pharmacy for £46 each which were at the time the best price.

Matteo1980

I just gave a call to my nearest Asda Pharmacy and was talking with a very nice Lady. She said they do have Libre on stock even right now and they sell them for 46£! I bought them for 60£ before without guarantee! This info can be useful for others,too!! :)

Last edited:
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, have you asked your DSN or hospital consultant to get the Freestyle Libre, as you are Type 1, I got mine,but with a fight, at the end of June and I love it.

Matteo1980

Hi, have you asked your DSN or hospital consultant to get the Freestyle Libre, as you are Type 1, I got mine,but with a fight, at the end of June and I love it.

I’ve asked my nurse about that and she said I might get it funded in november. My nurse is so fantastic lady and really cares about me,I feel very lucky. Interesting thing is when I showed her the MiaoMiao transmitter and Spike app,she borrowed my phone to show it to the doctors. You’d think they know even more than you about Libre possibilities...