Not open for further replies.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@therower - Ever since I have been a member of DCUK (November 2013), Admins have undertaken Mod duties, and Mod duties are part of what is expected of me in my role.

I have said it many times, but it’s usually worth repeating. For those who would like to influence the direction of travel for the forum, they should consider either nominating themselves, or accepting a nomination from a fellow member, and stand for Mod election.

Edited to add that before joining the DCUK staff, as an employee, I was an elected Mod in the same way as happens every year.

Last edited:
M

Member496333

To be honest, with the way login credentials work, it may not even be possible to revoke moderating privileges from the higher tier of administration. I’m not familiar with the software but I wouldn’t be surprised if this were the case.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest, with the way login credentials work, it may not even be possible to revoke moderating privileges from the higher tier of administration. I’m not familiar with the software but I wouldn’t be surprised if this were the case.
I think you will find that with this software, anything can be done in that sense. It does depend on the IT and software skills of the ownership though.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I'd take a lifetime of perfect BG levels instead of the gold bullion if that's on offer..

Joking aside the mods here all work to make this forum the best it can be, if individuals don't play to the rules then unfortunately they sacrifice their membership to this forum, no decision here is taken lightly and please remember mods are here on a purely voluntary basis whilst still managing busy lives outside of this forum. If anyone feels they can contribute to this forum and believes they can also uphold the forum rules then please accept nominations at the next mod elections, I'm sure you can appreciate it's a role that takes commitment with no reward other than the support of forum members.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whilst @DCUKMod is primarily forum admin, I feel she takes a mod role on a number of occasions. I have definitely received PMs from her as a mod rather than admin.
The situation is as it is and may be usual for fora admin and mods.
However, this is not stated in the rules and during mod election nominations for those members unfamiliar with how fora management typically works.
This is the reason I bought up the topic in response to a post earlier today.

Edited to add thanks to dcukmod for her clarification in this thread.

Helen - I appreciate you may not have gone back and looked at the opening post of this years's Nominations thread, but you can read it it here, if you choose to: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/th...losed-thank-you-everyone.163774/#post-2038978 On the first page or so, you'll see we had a variation on this discussion only then. My memory served me well, in this instance.

Of course, I am involved in Mod activities quite regularly. It's doing my job.

The Forum Rules can be found here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/ . Rules A9 and C11 make specific reference to Admins.

A9: To aid the smooth running of the Forum, there is a team of Moderators and Administrators. Moderators participate in thread topics and offer support, but where required, can step in to resolve issues....
C11: Administrators reserve the right to ban or infract for any reason at their discretion. These Rules and associated penalties only apply when the Administration team can reasonably judge that a Member does not deserve some other, perhaps more severe form of punishment for any unconscionable act they might make on the forums.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DCUKMod if you are an administrator who does some moderation on the side, why is your name DCUKMOD and not DCUKAdmin?
Helensaramay, I have already covered my journey from member, to Mod, to Admin, again, and given the timeframes.

Changes of names lead to confusion.

On the basis that this thread purpose was, and is, to announce the results of the Mod Elections, and allow members to congratulate the successful candidates, if they so wish, I'll close this as it has gone well off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.