What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Yeah I had a couple throw themselves into the roasting tray when I cooked a chicken yesterday. :angelic:

Reactions: philchap1

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
il have to give them a go do you prepare them the way you would ordinary chips x
Yes. If you prepare chips like me and simply add fat to a pan and fry in the old fashioned way. I think the frying works better if you chip the swede and cook it first. You are just browning then not waiting for the swede to cook through. I also cut the chips quite thin like American fries. You do get a slight taste of swede but I don't mind that as they are a lot less carbs than potatoes. Even OH likes them. Personal choice I find duck fat gives the better taste although I have also tried with coconut oil and this is ok too. Tried celeriac chips as an alternative they are edible but wouldn't be my first preference. Here is a link for an oven baked alternative. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Low-carb-French-Fries, haven't tried this method but may give it a go.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes. If you prepare chips like me and simply add fat to a pan and fry in the old fashioned way. I think the frying works better if you chip the swede and cook it first. You are just browning then not waiting for the swede to cook through. I also cut the chips quite thin like American fries. You do get a slight taste of swede but I don't mind that as they are a lot less carbs than potatoes. Even OH likes them. Personal choice I find duck fat gives the better taste although I have also tried with coconut oil and this is ok too. Tried celeriac chips as an alternative they are edible but wouldn't be my first preference. Here is a link for an oven baked alternative. https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/lchf/Low-carb-French-Fries, haven't tried this method but may give it a go.
Thanks ryhopian will try this tomorrow .the oven method as i dont have a chip pan any way

Reactions: Ryhia