America theme parks - queue buster?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi my nephew who is also type 1 diabetic is going to America next year.
They are going to Disney....I know in the UK, Alton Towers, you can get something to beat the queues. Is this available at Disney USA? And how does he go about getting this "pass"?? TIA

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Its called DAS, its basically a virtual queueing system, you go to the fast past entrance and they give you a time slot to return to the fast pass queue, you go to the customer services thingy at any park entrance, the pass lasts for all disney parks for a month or 60 days, cant remember

Its excellent

Edit: this does not affect your fast passes, if you havent yet, look at the forum “the dibb” its an amazing resource, been many times to disney,its the only place we go

Editx2 the person who has the DAS has to ride, so if your child isnt riding, your queueing :)

Editx3 its against the law in the US for them to question you about an illness, figure out how much info they need for you to get the pass and just say that, no need for paper proof or doctors letters, just saying

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Listlad I think @porl69 is referring to a kind of "free"* fast track as available in UK for people with type 1 diabetes (and other conditions).
I have only heard about this for people with an insulin pump ... or maybe I was a little confused because this was bought up by my DN when discussing disconnecting my pump if I went on a rollercoaster due to the affect the magnets could have on the pump mechanics.

This is very different to the paid for fast track pass.

(* I say "free" but as the cost os having a chronic disease, I think I would rather queue, given the choice)
Ah, okay. Sorry. I wasn’t aware of that.

Reactions: porl69

Indy1282

Hi my nephew who is also type 1 diabetic is going to America next year.
They are going to Disney....I know in the UK, Alton Towers, you can get something to beat the queues. Is this available at Disney USA? And how does he go about getting this "pass"?? TIA

What's the pass on the UK?