What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hola de Espana. Breakfast yesterday was 2 slices LivLife toast (managed to get it out here in my hand luggage) butter, tea x2.
Lunch: sharing platter of Iberico ham and manchego.
Dinner: prawn cocktail, whole sole, little veg, copious wine and one Irish coffee.
Lots of water throughout the day and evening.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so today HAS to be the last day of my heavenly delicious curry-fest. The consequences of all that veg simply are not worth it. I know it is the veg because these are mild spices, and I have previously had much stronger meat-no-veg curries recently, with no gut consequences.

Anyway, last of the leftovers just gone down the hatch, for lunch today, back on nice, reassuringly simple (plain, boring) carnivory from this evening onwards.

Today:
B: bone broth
L: :D:D:D curry
D: either plain steak or plain chicken kebabs, with maybe some garlic butter on either.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
GDaughter just went home when her Dad got back from work to pick her up. We spent almost 3 hours playing "keepy-uppy" with balloons (me in a chair - all upper body exercise). Used more energy than I have for a long time - it's good for me, if exhausting.

Lots of tea from 7.30 am until -

Lunch, about 2 pm - noodleless ramen, a large bowl .

Dinner will be a small bowl of the same in about half an hour.

More tea to keep the fluids up (mind you - plenty of fluid in the ramen) but when Em is here, I don't get much chance to drink tea so I have to make up for a pretty dry afternoon. I don't think this is really what I meant when I said I would have to eat more today, but it will have to do.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Another earlyish start with tea and water for brekkie. Self harm 1 around 11.00 am was a 100% choc, cream and 0 carb caramel ganache/bar for no real reason. Lunch was scrambled eggs on skinny bread toast, with lc tommy k, and a piece of Kaltbach cheese. Mid afternoon self harm event #2. CCB with cream - not sure why. Evening was avocado and tinned mackerel fillets salad - felt good about that. Cronometer makes that low carb but is all empty lectern on the self harming.
@Annb as much as it sounds like hard work Em sounds as though she does wonders for you.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold left over roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Another earlyish start with tea and water for brekkie. Self harm 1 around 11.00 am was a 100% choc, cream and 0 carb caramel ganache/bar for no real reason. Lunch was scrambled eggs on skinny bread toast, with lc tommy k, and a piece of Kaltbach cheese. Mid afternoon self harm event #2. CCB with cream - not sure why. Evening was avocado and tinned mackerel fillets salad - felt good about that. Cronometer makes that low carb but is all empty lectern on the self harming.
@Annb as much as it sounds like hard work Em sounds as though she does wonders for you.

Absolutely. She forces me to be a bit more active than I am comfortable with, which is good for me. She is special as well because she was the only person my late husband recognized at the end of his life and she brought him such great joy! When he saw her, his eyes lit up and he smiled, which he was unable to do for anyone else.

I did have the ramen for my evening meal - just a small bowl and my BG at present is 5.2. Just where it should be.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@ianpspurs thanks for the link, have now got several bags of cauliflower rice in freezer and tonight cooked it with butter and soy sauce :) ate it wih BBQ salmon delish

@Annb sounds as if you both had great fun
@maglil55 great improvement, now to move everything back in...
@Brunneria will try creme fraiche instead of cream cheese ( which is unavailable here)
16-09-19
breakfast nothing,
mid morning tea
lunch: large slice of ham, lettuce, spring onion, radish - lets just say salad, ok? had last slice of Beau et Bon bread ( now i have found Pain Kapnor wont need to buy it again) piece of roquefort cheese
prepared and froze my leeks, and made cauliflower rice. nearly finished moving us into back bedroom,the bed is more comfortable, leaving most of our clothes in the front room as not enough storage in the back bedroom, Any visitors we will have to vacate again.
dinner, BBQ salmon with cauliflower rice , two bean salad, and veggie skewers, afterwards had a sensible portion of icecream, with more cream poured over, later another piece of cheese. Drinks, we shared a bottle of Vouvray and had water as well.
fed the fish skin to the cats, now about to go to bed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and onion sandwiches.
Dinner: Steak and veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual c&m omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.

Drinks:Black coffee / tea no sugar, water.

I caught a feral cat in one of the traps during the night, the local rainbow lorikeets, magpies, butcher birds and noisy miners, and nocturnal animals, can thank me when I get back from the pound.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Goonergal -- The pork scratchings sound really, really good, I do miss having something crunchy.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Two babybel cheeses. Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola.

Lunch: Steak tartare with mayonnaise and two fried eggs.

Dinner: Homemade soup with beef, green beans, white beans (8.2g of carbs), celery and spring onion. Homemade low carb chocolate pudding. 40g of chicken liver pate. A glass of red wine.

Today:

Breakfast: Homemade soup (as above). Half a DD keto roll with butter and smoked salmon.

Lunch: 80g of chicken liver pate.

Early dinner: A small steak. Lupin hummus. Lamb's lettuce with olive oil-balsamico-lime-dressing and feta cheese. Two glasses red wine.

Also baked an egg liqueur cake (about 3g of carbs per slice), but need to wait until it sets. Here's a picture I downloaded:

eierlikoertorte.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday - bed 5.7 FBG 5.8. A very busy day and thus was supposed to be a holiday weekend. Up , showered and out for 9.30am. Picked up DIL and boy then took DIL to work. Boy were fascinated that our TV had gone but took them a while to realise we'd brought the TV from upstairs which No 1 says in fine so long as we put it back! Fed boys then back to pick up DIL , take her for shopping then I have 1 hr before getting the boys back for swimming.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice toasted skinny bread with lurpack. Later 2 GF sausages and a fried egg.
L. Nothing at swimming and generally rushing about.
D. Somehow, inbetween rushing about, cleaning and trying to get organised I knocked together a cheesy stuffed chicken breast - this one
gimmedelicious.com/2018/06/04/cheesy-broccoli-stuffed-chicken/

Only change I made was to wrap in Parma ham to stop the cheesy mix leaking too much. Also put chicken gravy into the tray before it went in the oven to keep it moist. Had it with wilted spinach.
Later Graham Goodness Coffee caramel espresso LC ice cream with raspberries. Usual campari and soda.

Today - Monday. Bed 5.8 FBG 6.2. Decorators arrived bright and early so now have the delightful aroma if fresh paint every time the door opens. Decided to go to Aqua today but not Thursday as that's move back day.
B. TAG with ADOC and a bit of Skinny bread with pate pate.
L. A lot later on - prawn cocktail that had to be eaten and 2 squares G&B mint (not at the same time).
D. Battered out another 2 chicken breasts and coated in my crumb mix. Today's mix was parmesan, golden flax, almond flour and hot paprika. Served with chilli halloumi fries and half avocado.
My last double chocolate DGF brownie with raspberries.

Decorators back early tomorrow again but it's going well. School back tomorrow so normal schedule will have to fit around work in the house.

@ziggy_w - that cake looks seriously good.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @maglil55. Coming from a great cook like you, this is really special.

It's really hard to resist tonight -- but cake for breakfast isn't bad either, is it?

Reactions: maglil55

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Breakfast I had a cashew waffle with butter and peanut butter and black coffee
Lunch I meet up with friends I had salmon with salad a gin and tonic and black coffee. When I got home 5 hours later I checked my BSL and it was 2.8mmol/L so took two glucodine tablets and defrosted a chicken breast in microwave. Pan fried with ghee. Made a dressing from pan juices using lemon juice water and a teaspoon of cream served with a cabbage salad and a garlicky dressing I think I need to discuss with my doctor about the medication I'm on

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs thanks for the link, have now got several bags of cauliflower rice in freezer and tonight cooked it with butter and soy sauce :) ate it wih BBQ salmon delish

@Annb sounds as if you both had great fun
@maglil55 great improvement, now to move everything back in...
@Brunneria will try creme fraiche instead of cream cheese ( which is unavailable here)
16-09-19
breakfast nothing,
mid morning tea
lunch: large slice of ham, lettuce, spring onion, radish - lets just say salad, ok? had last slice of Beau et Bon bread ( now i have found Pain Kapnor wont need to buy it again) piece of roquefort cheese
prepared and froze my leeks, and made cauliflower rice. nearly finished moving us into back bedroom,the bed is more comforatble, leaving most of our clothes in the front room as not enough storage in the back bedroom, Any visitors we will have to vacate again.
dinner, BBQ salmon with cauliflower rice , two bean salad, and veggie skewers, afterwards had a sensible portion of icecream, with more cream poured over, later another piece of cheese. Drinks, we shared a bottle of Vouvray and had water as well.
fed the fish skin to the cats, now about to go to bed.

SlimLizzy - You could make your own cream cheese. It's very, very easy, and you can make if with all grades of milk (although it does impact the yield and obviously the creaminess.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/homemade-cream-cheese/

I have a couple of litres of whey in the fridge, from Greek yoghurt making and I'll be trying cream cheese from whey later today. Allegedly, it can be done, although last time I did it, I used about 1/3 full milk, 2/3 whey, then as I had some cream strained off my home made clotted cream, I just threw that in too. It was delicious!

The straight strain gives a smooth, spreadable consistency, if you set a weight on top of the wrapped, strained curds, it makes a much firmer consistency.

Tonight, I will be having a Parmigiana to get through some of it!

Reactions: annabell1

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ha! Another culinary triumph, Chez B!

Remember the eggy halloumi chips?
Well I have just eaten fishnchips, Carni style: halloumi fries, dipped in that homemade smoked salmon pate I made and froze.
Cor Blimey Gov'nor! It was FAB.
Though to be honest, it was more like dipping fries in taramasalata, than eating fishnchips.
Anyway, definitely a keeper.

The pate took 2-3 hours to defrost on the drainer, and kept its consistency very well, so definitely a good thing to freeze.

Don't know what is for supper on account of not knowing if I am going out, or staying in. Waiting for a text to confirm.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
BG was 3.2 when I got up at 6.30 so I thought I'd better do something to bring the level up. I had a RyVita with butter and Marmite with my cup of tea. Tested again at 7.30 and it was 5.6.

Lunch at 1.45 was a roasted veg salad with yoghurt and mayo dressing. I'm obviously going to be over the 500 calories today with that dressing. The mayo was Heinz instead of the usual Helmann's but I thought it was very vinegary - I'm not very fond of vinegar.

So, this evening, I'm planning to have lamb chops with celeriac boulangere. Some carbs in the celeriac, but not much and quite a few calories in total, I expect. Don't expect it to be over 1000 though.

Fund raising event at the weekend so I'm starting to make cupcakes but then was told that No2 son is ill and off work so Em has to come here after school until her mum has finished work. No idea when that will be. I'll put the cupcakes away somewhere and get her to make some pancakes with me. She'll only want to eat the cakes if I leave them out.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Getting autumnal in the evenings now - not to my taste but some like it. Counting my blessings as I recount today's menu, particularly having a wife who is prepared to prepare LC foodstuffs I will tolerate. B=tea, water, skinny bread toast and h/m chicken liver pate. Lunch was egg mayo and a slice of skinny bread - h/m mayo and skinny bread made by Julie. Evening meal was avocado and mackerel salad. Won't win any prizes but a little variety and relatively real food - tinned mackerel not too real.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped Lunch as I got back from swimming later than planned!
Mid afternoon more substantial snack as I missed lunch! Greek yoghurt topped with coconut chia pudding and macadamia and coconut keto granola and black coffee.
Dinner: salmon and peppercorn sauce with roast Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola