Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all!

My beautiful boy arrived 3 weeks ago. Making the most of every moment with him.

Diabetes has taken a backseat for now but I will be back soon hopefully as need to get a grip on it.

I’m so happy for you, congratulations
My auntie had her daughter in november and she is the most adorable tiny human.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I went to bed early tonight and in my dream there was a lot of food, I was making a huge veggie nugget sandwich. Batternberg candy and several packets of korean face masks in my shopping basket. Sounds like me and I love batternburg. Turns out I was hypoing :(

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They don't stop funding when the pump expires it's just if you want to upgrade the system which in theory it would be for the 670g with the guardian system then the extra cost means the board has to approve it, otherwise I could just opt to continue using the 640g. They can however stop pump funding if you're not using the pump properly but this would be assessed on your annual consultant review, it's rare but can happen.
I would be interested to know when you are able to upgrade, maybe we can be twins? ;)

Reactions: Juicyj

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I didn't go back to sleep because bf's snoring got louder and louder and I didn't have the strength to roll him over to his side of the bed. (His snoring was very close to my ear hole):hilarious: Good morning to everyone, bf resumed back to stable level of 7.8. :)

Reactions: Juicyj

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I didn't go back to sleep because bf's snoring got louder and louder and I didn't have the strength to roll him over to his side of the bed. (His snoring was very close to my ear hole):hilarious: Good morning to everyone, bf resumed back to stable level of 7.8. :)

You test your BF during the night? Or do you mean the decibels on the snoring?? ;)

Congratulations @CranberryIce on your new adition. Nice one..! :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You test your BF during the night? Or do you mean the decibels on the snoring?? ;)

Congratulations @CranberryIce on your new adition. Nice one..! :)
The decibels on his snoring, each time he moves it got louder and when he lands on his back, it is even louder. Moreover he shifts closer and closer to my side of the bed, so the snoring was quite close to my ears. :hilarious:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
@MeiChanski I can sympathise with the snoring I find a kick normally readjusts the volume levels :hilarious:

Reactions: MeiChanski

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Snoring! Don’t get me going! When it permeates through my ear plugs I pick up my pillow and diabetes kit bag and repair to the spare room. No amount of pushing,kicking or pleading does any good.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Juicyj @becca59 I’m a light sleeper and my bf sleeps like a rock with high volume snoring. Because he is a lot heavier than me, I cannot simply move him. it’s worse when he is laying on his back vs on his side. It doesn’t help that you can hear him through the walls. I sometimes do migrate to the sofa.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Over did the pasta carbs last night, even though I knew a rise was coming I just couldn't inject my second bolus before going to bed on a 6.5, call of nature at 2:20 and I was 14.1, so correction taken and 5.8 this morning - must do better/believe in my bodily functions! LOL.

Congrats @CranberryIce !

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’m back. Did you miss me? Actually I got back on Friday 13th after an uneventful day apart from a total electronic search at Jersey Airport. Yes, a titanium knee makes very loud bleeps.
Younger daughter and I had a wonderful passport-free trip. We went to lovely St Brelades Bay twice and mourned that Great Uncle George no longer had a house there. We looked at St Brelades church where my parents were ‘married’ (because I was on the way), and we went to the Jersey Archive Office to view the record of said ‘marriage’ which stated that my naughty father was a bachelor. On my Aunt Frances!
We still decided St Brelades Bay is one of the best beaches we’ve visited.
Oh, and ate lots of seafood. Nighttime highs every night, despite careful counting, but back to ok now.
I’ve been scrolling - great news about pump @MeiChanski.