Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Hello I've been slowly going back to LCHF/PALEO KETO WOE since 5th September but the last 2 days I feel like I'm shaking and have palpitations. My pulse is between 84 to 94 per second and about an hour after eating today started feeling shaky and my pulse was 94bpm and My BSL is 6.8. Should I be concerned and Wondering if anyone else experiencing this in this way of eating?

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Get yourself some electrolytes and see if that helps - esp. add extra salt.

Reactions: annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Ok the salt I can do but I avoid electrolytes drink only because the sugar free ones that I find uses sugar substitutes that can affect my Ulcerative colitis unfortunately. I've been adding a pinch of salt twice daily in drinks is it safe to have more?

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok the salt I can do but I avoid electrolytes drink only because the sugar free ones that I find uses sugar substitutes that can affect my Ulcerative colitis unfortunately. I've been adding a pinch of salt twice daily in drinks is it safe to have more?
one teaspoon salt per day is about right for most people. You MUST take adequate electrolytes on Keto...

Reactions: zand

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I don’t know if this is available (or something similar) where you are - no sugar, no sugar substitutes. I’ve used it and the taste is just fine. https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/electrolyte-powder.html

Hotpepper20000

A nice hot cup of beef broth is good too.
I found when I was struggling with low carb flu it was comforting and the salt helped n

Reactions: annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
one teaspoon salt per day is about right for most people. You MUST take adequate electrolytes on Keto...
Ok thanks I use salt in some cooking etc but it is probably not enough so I'll try measure a teaspoon and see use it during day see if helps thanks

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
I don’t know if this is available (or something similar) where you are - no sugar, no sugar substitutes. I’ve used it and the taste is just fine. https://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/electrolyte-powder.html
Also today not sure if coincidence I was feeling ok had breakfast about an hour later had heartburn I took a prescribed somac tablet ss I'm trying to stop taking them about 5 minutes later started to get palpitations

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try eating more foods rich in potassium and magnesium rather than drinking electrolytes if that upsets you. Unless of course it’s the medication