David Davis - "Government advice last 30 years on saturated fat rubbish"

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
On Good Morning Britain this morning (17th Sept 2019), the former Brexit Secretary David Davis said basically that the current advice is wrong. He has lost a shed load of weight on low carb and cited Tom Watson during the discussion. That's 3 prominent MP's now who have endorsed low carb (Tom Watson, Matt Hancock and David Davis). David had a liver issue to resolve

Tried exercise (made himself more hungry running 40 miles a week), cut out booze (lost 6 pounds doing this), "went to the science" which was to cut out carbohydrates, it is fats and protein that sustain.

Piers Morgan "...maybe we should all take a leaf our of the Watson / Davis fan club"

What is interesting is that these top politicians are choosing low carb regimes and speaking out on prime time shows.
Note - I have paraphrased a little (without detracting from the message).

Reactions: Robbity and jjraak
M

Member496333

Splendiferous!

Politicians are the exact people we need onside if we are ever to have any hope of exposing and overturning industry collusion and lobbying.

If anyone comes across this on YouTube perhaps they would be good enough to link to it here? I will keep my eyes peeled so long as I remember :pompous:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rolypolypudding

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
On Good Morning Britain this morning (17th Sept 2019), the former Brexit Secretary David Davis said basically that the current advice is wrong. He has lost a shed load of weight on low carb and cited Tom Watson during the discussion. That's 3 prominent MP's now who have endorsed low carb (Tom Watson, Matt Hancock and David Davis). David had a liver issue to resolve

Tried exercise (made himself more hungry running 40 miles a week), cut out booze (lost 6 pounds doing this), "went to the science" which was to cut out carbohydrates, it is fats and protein that sustain.

Piers Morgan "...maybe we should all take a leaf our of the Watson / Davis fan club"

What is interesting is that these top politicians are choosing low carb regimes and speaking out on prime time shows.
Note - I have paraphrased a little (without detracting from the message).

Hi Mbaker,
Fortunately there are people who like/believe the people mentioned in this. But it is a good sign that politicians at opposite ends of the political spectrum agree on a public health issue and go against the orthodox medicine.

I don't suppose that measuring the body's reaction to carbs using a Blood Glucose Meter was mentioned. That would be admitting that all Type 2 Diabetics who want one should have a Meter. That would temporarily increase NHS costs - so would be too 'political' !