Not sure where to put this ...

PamJHS

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But am delighted that my recent Hba1c reading has gone down from 48 to 43 after following a Keto diet since my prediabetes diagnosis in May. I have also lost 3 kilos.

When my new GP told me, I said 'That's great!' and he said in a very dour manner 'You're still prediabetic, don't get overexcited'. However, when the practice nurse saw it she actually screamed in excitement, which was a much better reaction!

I have to say I was quite dubious about whether Keto would work, but I am delighted with the improvement and, after a week's fully catered holiday in Germany where I gave up trying to avoid carbs and simply tried to keep them as low as possible, I am back onto it properly now.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But am delighted that my recent Hba1c reading has gone down from 48 to 43 after following a Keto diet since my prediabetes diagnosis in May. I have also lost 3 kilos.
The success story part of the forum seems a perfect place to put it!
Congratulations!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Perfect place and a superb result, ignore your Dr, we’ll rejoice with you! Very well done!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From diabetic range to pre diabetic (almost normal actually). I would say that's a success story! Well done.

When I went from diabetic numbers to prediabetic my symptoms disappeared. Its not always just about just numbers.

PamJHS

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost as soon as I started on keto, my family were noticing that I was moving better and thinking faster. I've also had really bad IBS symptoms for about a year, and they cleared up. So there are definitely advantages for me, regardless of blood sugar. I felt a decrease in the measurement would be a bonus!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Super result, @PamJHS. I am really happy for you, almost in the not-prediabetic range, just off by 1 mmol. If you keep this up, next time you will be in the normal range.

PamJHS

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, everyone, it's good to be with people who get it!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost as soon as I started on keto, my family were noticing that I was moving better and thinking faster. I've also had really bad IBS symptoms for about a year, and they cleared up. So there are definitely advantages for me, regardless of blood sugar. I felt a decrease in the measurement would be a bonus!
Excellent news and getting further benefits than simply lowering blood glucose levels is one of the great benefits of keto.. well done you!