Tightness, Tingling, numbness in legs and feet.

Robertuk

Hi guys.

I’ve been newly diagnosed, on meds and been watching what I’m eating, however they are humming and hawing on the type.
I’ve noticed for the past few weeks now both my legs below the knees are feeling tight, numb and there’s a tingling sensation. I’ve given them a check over and no cuts or discolouration but just wondering if it’s anything to worry about.

Thanks.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Robertuk It's always best to get things like this checked out by your GP for reassurance, please let us know how you get on ?

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks I will do.

Hi there, (what juicyj said obviously) but can you tell us what meds you are on and type of diabetes? None of us can say what your symptoms are down to of course but it may help if people experienced the same thing whilst on the same meds, etc. x

Caprock94

Hi guys.

I’ve been newly diagnosed, on meds and been watching what I’m eating, however they are humming and hawing on the type.
I’ve noticed for the past few weeks now both my legs below the knees are feeling tight, numb and there’s a tingling sensation. I’ve given them a check over and no cuts or discolouration but just wondering if it’s anything to worry about.

Thanks.

Did this all start after changing your diet, meds, etc. or did you have these symptoms at diagnosis? I started having some burning in my feet several weeks after diagnosis after numbers started to drop.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had such symptoms. They have virtually disappeared. But it would help if you could clarify a bit more, like the others said.

Are you on medication for blood pressure?

Dexterdobe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Being unwell and seeing BG levels soar
Definitely go to see your GP. Also don't worry. I had similar symptoms after I was diagnosed and greatly lowered my BG with diet and exercise. In my case they eventually went away. I think that nerves in the feet and legs that have been damaged by the high BG can repair themselves to a certain extent when the BG is lowered. As they heal they start to hurt. Its the same as the nerves under the skin itching as sunburn heals. Do see your doctor.

Reactions: worriedwart

worriedwart

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I get that in my feet too and sometimes feel like I'm going to pass out when i stand up. i have terrible circulation but have started walking recently. but one night felt horrible numbness, tingling and burning pain up legs and in feet. i feel stabbing all over and coldness in my arms like ice running down arms. i cut a bit down on the carbs and it seems to help a bit even though still feel stinging all over. hope you figure what's causing yours.

Robertuk

Hi there, (what juicyj said obviously) but can you tell us what meds you are on and type of diabetes? None of us can say what your symptoms are down to of course but it may help if people experienced the same thing whilst on the same meds, etc. x

Hi sorry I thought I posted the meds. I’m on 2000 metformin and 80mg glyclazide. I’ve just recently stopped the glyclazide as I felt really dizzy and horrible due to my numbers dropping to fast from 20’s to singles. The only confirmation I’ve been given into my type was if it’s tablets I’m on then I’m type 2.
NHS at its best.

Hopefully it is just my nerves repairing etc as people have said but I was just worried as it all came on since I’ve been on meds etc.

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
After seeing GP and all assistance from nhs then if it's persisting or not something with improvement I'd advise trying 600mg daily maximum of R-ala supplement. Start at 200 mg at first.
I'm due to return to mine but will hang off til my back/pelvic pain has been investigated more.