What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today - the libre is fantastic, really keeping me in check!

Just 150 more posts to go.....

Quick one as have to paint today.

Good news. My daughter had her gestational diabetes glucose test yesterday. The chances were she would have it again as that is usually how it goes but NOPE all clear. 4.5 start and 5.1 after 2 hours.

What does this tell me. She has made better choices in the 2 years since initial diagnosis. Lost a little weight. But lowered her carb intake ultimately.

We are a very happy family today.

Have a good day ya'all.

Edit
That should have been 4.6!!!

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

3.9 today

we were out earlyish to take mum's little dog to the vet for her annual booster shots and to get her checked over because she's not been as lively as normal the last few weeks. Seems that the little dog has developed a heart murmur, we'll have to take her for x-ray next week so they can have a better idea what is happening. Worrying but apparently this condition is not uncommon in some breeds of small dog as they get older :sorry:

We managed a nice amble around in Dornoch after the visit to the vet, the coffee was good and it was lovely in the sunshine ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
She did say to me that we have to be careful we dont alienate carbs as we have done with fat.

I can't afford to alienate carbs altogether, as when I was trying LCHF last year my LDL went way up. For me it's trying to keep an even keel, MCMF I guess (Medium/moderate carb to medium/moderate fat, not a Roman date! :) )

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning, moaning. Sun is out again today - such a treat. Back has decided to go back into hibernation- bliss. Only been like that for 44 years so should be used to it by now.

The wonder wheel of a good nights sleep and a reasonable waking time hailed a pleasant 5.2 this am.

Bread. I made some “bread” yesterday - bit of a faff but it turned out quite good and has a nice taste to it. Pity it took half a day and in a kitchen resembling a chemistry lab.

I know, it looks a bit like a kake - lots of whisked up egg whites folded in.

The thing is to first make a cauliflower crumb - I know, who would have thought!

Koffy time, have a great day, hugs to all who want or need one. @johnpol - rant away, it’s good for you. Hope it settles quickly.

View attachment 35703

That looks delicious! Like my mother's homemade bread and also a little like angel food cake, which it sounds like it is -- delicious AND nutritious.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

3.9 today

we were out earlyish to take mum's little dog to the vet for her annual booster shots and to get her checked over because she's not been as lively as normal the last few weeks. Seems that the little dog has developed a heart murmur, we'll have to take her for x-ray next week so they can have a better idea what is happening. Worrying but apparently this condition is not uncommon in some breeds of small dog as they get older :sorry:

We managed a nice amble around in Dornoch after the visit to the vet, the coffee was good and it was lovely in the sunshine ;)

I hope the little one will be OK. My 19-year-old kitty had a heart murmur for years.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a Mountain Bike ride, my friend pushed me to my limits for 4 hours and the sun shone over hill and vale. The great thing was my BG had gone to 6.8 after breakfast and was down to 4.8 on my return. Also good news my before and after weight remained exactly the same, unless my scales have broken :)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can definitely confirm red wine brings down bs! Going off my libre.
@Debandez "shanks sfor shush inf..infor….informashion, hick! Buts I've alsready sound it's sout fors my, my, myshelf, hick!”

Hello all. This is Mrs MC I can't apologise enough for Muddy Cyclists intoxicated state but since he discovered the relationship between red wine and BG he's seldom without a glass in his hand.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

3.9 today

Great fbg @geefull and the "amble" sounds idyllic. I hope Suzie? turns out to have plenty of time left to give pleasure to yourself and mum. I have never met you but I understand where you are "coming from" - not that my opinion matters but take it as a thank you for sharing and showing amazing results can come from being normal. Basically, the embodiment of Be Do Have. Whatever you do today enjoy it and thanks as usual for your post.

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
@HarrisonK glad the walk went ok.Enjoy the driving and raking. @Cumberland hug for the initial low but glad the lucozade worked. @karen8967 lovely start for a lovely lady. @johnpol what an amazing post from an amazing man. Hope things settle for you soon. All the rest of you, Behold how good and pleasant it is to dwell together in unity.

Thank you Ian

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think it is time for a new new wave in music and that we should start writing a new type of love song. "Eggs" should be an easy rhyme, as should "red wine." Suggestions requested for words to rhyme with "bacon," "cauli," and "avocado." We could follow the musicians' tradition of setting new lyrics to old tunes, such as this one:

Or we could start off with "Where Has All the Cauliflower Gone?"

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
In moderate 4/4 time--
"Where has all the cauliflower gone, long time passin'?
Where has all the cauliflower gone, long time ago?
Where has all the cauliflower gone?
Gone to T2s and T1s.
When will the medics learn?
When will they ever learn?"

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late on parade..
lazy day..spent yesterday moving our steph out to her new home.:arghh:
moving in with friends so daddy Uber, dragooned into service..
two argos stops and tv/brackets/bedside table/ ..and an Airer..:wideyed: purchased, set up, screwed together, whatever ..it's all done.
so a well deserved day off, for Moi..:D

seal team 6.0 rapid HALO descent into the kitchen while i was making tea , just to sit-rep me all OK
ok, maybe,.. but wasn't too impressed..i prefer the sounds of mcgarrett's waves to sounds of choppers and 'Hoo-rah'

day for me, was readjusting the house to stephs departure.
spaces to be reacquired, shelves now bare to redistribute between me n lauren of arabia.
and the weights bench now takes pride of place in stephs old room..(for now..:hilarious:)

night all x

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks all for your kind comments. I still have several things to sort out but am starting to pace myself a bit more. Mum has recovered from her hip surgery and kidney infection but after many weeks in 2 hospitals was told she would never walk again so couldn't go home. She needed nursing care as well as somewhere that could manage her Alzheimer's which also took a step change following her surgery. It has been a real struggle finding somewhere suitable. In between visiting hospitals every day, sometimes for up to 6 hours as I was feeding mum, I was visiting care homes, making numerous phonecalls, clearing mum's house ( my childhood home), of 64 years of accumulated things. ( Dad had kept everything including receipts from 1940!). In the meantime my mum's sister has been seriously ill and have spent several full nights in A&E with her as well as hospital visits and care home visits during her palliative care. Attended lots of meetings re mum and her sister. Aunty passed away last month after a severe stroke and I have organised her funeral. In between all this both my hubby and myself had a few health issues. The hardest thing for me was not being able to tell mum about her sister who she loves dearly. Everyone advised me it would be too distressing for mum so I was dashing from really upsetting visits with aunty to see mum with a smile on my face! I seem to have spent the last few months in A&E, hospital wards, care homes and funeral homes! :( All of the above would have been manageable but all happened at once, were lots more stressful complications I haven't mentioned, and no-one to help out. Now you know why I didn't post! I am still visiting mum daily but will try and pop in more often and with more positive things from now on. :)
(PS: My last HbA1c had improved so avoided an increase in medication but have been eating on the hoof for a while so not sure what my next one will be).
That is far too much for one person to bear! You have done so well to get through it intact. You have had some very low moments with everything though I can see. Hopefully things will calm down for you a little now.

Share your thoughts on here, its good to talk.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You don't @ianpspurs your posts regarding your BG are useful and informative and it's helpful to know others are as mystified by the BG readings and analysis that we all try to understand, that is what the forum achieves, keeps us all pressing on regardless. I can only thank you and others for the support and chit chat, it all helps.
And the wonderful sense of humour, which continued throughout challenging times

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
That is far too much for one person to bear! You have done so well to get through it intact. You have had some very low moments with everything though I can see. Hopefully things will calm down for you a little now.

Share your thoughts on here, its good to talk.
Thanks Debandez. Had another distressing visit with mum today. Alzheimer's is a truly awful condition for all involved.:(

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Impressive multitasking @HarrisonK

Yesterday my son turned up with a robotic Hoover that's been mapping its way around our house, programmed to hoover twice a day and find its way back to its charging station when low on power, its hoovering skills are also very impressive BUT it can't empty itself so Mrs MC and I still have control. Our Labrador dog is not sure about it though and you can no longer leave anything you value on the floor or else it's gone.
NEED ONE!