Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 now, lets see if lunch can put a bump in the road! Numbers so far today, this is too good to be true.

Reactions: porl69

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nothing to do with diabetes, but I can I just scream "Arghhhhhhh" at the NHS referrals system.

I have just come off the phone with them (the lady I spoke to was lovely and I did not scream at her). My GP referred me and asked for an urgent appointment (I don't think it is urgent) and they come up with March 2020.
After some polite pleading, the lovely lady found an appointment in 2 weeks if I was prepared to drive an hour away for an evening of delight in the Mendips.
Lucky you! I'm just off the south-east edge of the Mendips, great place, fab countryside & some lovely towns & villages.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is a great place ... just a little further to travel for an assessment that I would like.
I am quite a way off the edge of the Mendips in the other direction.

I bet puppy enjoys the fab countryside/
She will do when she's old enough to go for long walks. At the moment it's the frutrating stage where she can't go off-lead as I can't guarantee she'll come back, and she can't go too far until she's older. She'll definitely be up for it eventually, she's a breed that needs plenty of exercise.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy birthday hh1 have a fab day
FB_IMG_1564848082925.jpg

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@hh1 . Happy birthday. I hope the day has improved as it has gone by.
A suggestion, you should ask for a refund on today’s birthday and request a new one at a later date.

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for you well wishes.

We are both doing well.

I am back at the diabetes clinic next week so hopefully that will prompt me to get back in control.

Main issue is ‘foot on the floor’ esp when waking in the night to feed and if course the being so engrossed with baby that I will inject/eat whenever I can and not when I always need/want to.

x

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Evenin all, and hope there’s a chance for a spread birthday @hh1, and a few birthday spreads too (no dog biscuits allowed). Mine’s lasting from 10 - 29 September his year, which is a tad fewer days than usual. Actual birthday’s somewhere in the middle. And of course there’s always the excuse to treat yourself

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening, it’s kind of weird to put my bf down as next of kin. I mean my mummy will have to drive 2-3 hours if something happened to me. But my bf is the human potato that I live with so ideally he is the next person to contact.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m back. Did you miss me? Actually I got back on Friday 13th after an uneventful day apart from a total electronic search at Jersey Airport. Yes, a titanium knee makes very loud bleeps.
Younger daughter and I had a wonderful passport-free trip. We went to lovely St Brelades Bay twice and mourned that Great Uncle George no longer had a house there. We looked at St Brelades church where my parents were ‘married’ (because I was on the way), and we went to the Jersey Archive Office to view the record of said ‘marriage’ which stated that my naughty father was a bachelor. On my Aunt Frances!
We still decided St Brelades Bay is one of the best beaches we’ve visited.
Oh, and ate lots of seafood. Nighttime highs every night, despite careful counting, but back to ok now.
I’ve been scrolling - great news about pump @MeiChanski.
We stayed in St Brelades Bay when we went to Jersey in July - had a Sea View with a lovely view of the bay.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening, it’s kind of weird to put my bf down as next of kin. I mean my mummy will have to drive 2-3 hours if something happened to me. But my bf is the human potato that I live with so ideally he is the next person to contact.

Mei - One thing to consider when nominating next of kin is that's the only person medics will often communicate with, if you are incapacitated. That could mean your Mother could contact the hospital (or whatever) to be declined any information

I'm not being critical of your choice, but just trying to pull it into a slightly different context. Of course, you could well have thought that bit through.

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mei - One thing to consider when nominating next of kin is that's the only person medics will often communicate with, if you are incapacitated. That could mean your Mother could contact the hospital (or whatever) to be declined any information

I'm not being critical of your choice, but just trying to pull it into a slightly different context. Of course, you could well have thought that bit through.

I did have a long think and emailed the person back to say “if you can’t get through to my bf in an emergency, here is my mummy’s details”

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was scrolling through Facebook (I’m usually not on it, so unactive but active when someone messages me, for example my bf’s mother), it was definitely a blast from the past. I realised there was a large number of people who I went to secondary school and chinese school with and no one really lived me. I also realised I made better and cooler friends else where now *stares at everyone here* :) And instagram is a lot cooler tbh.

Reactions: Alison54321

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Working on my new living room floor today (probably my friendly neighbour working on it and I hand him things and roll him cigarets, knowing my neighbour).
'We' started yesterday but after first 2 planks I had to go to the hospital with other neighbour for the diabetic eye-thing (all fine) and by the time we came back the floor was already over 1/3 finished :)

Hope it will be finished today, neighbour will be here in 10 minutes.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning everyone, been missing for a little while, not sure what happened, I just got carried away with trying to do something else, and it took over.

Nothing much to report blood sugar wise, it behaves well sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't.

Hope everyone is well, and have a good day.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, many thanks for all the birthday wishes and I'm very happy to report that the day improved greatly. A quiet day pottering as puppy was slightly subdued on returning home; had to shop for the obligatory chicken & rice which is always what vets say to feed dogs with upset stomachs, as if all dog owners keep some of both just in case! Anyway, Mattie loved it and got brighter as the day went on, and when eight friends arrived in the evening bringing an entire and very fab birthday dinner with them (complete with beetroot and chocolate cake - oh joy!) she was beside herself excited and I was pretty pleased too. And despite super indulgence in food and of course drink (and chocolates - I'm lucky enough to have friends who understand that I can and do eat it, so one of my presents was a fab box of Hotel Chocolat alcoholic chocs - yay!) I went to bed on a 7 and woke up on the same. Oh, and the decorator working on the bathroom was determined to finish and worked till 8pm and I forgot he was still in the house

And this morning, great excitement as a recovered Mattie and I are off to her first puppy class. I've never done this before so I don't really know what to expect, though I have a suspicion Mattie might be the badly-behaved one simply because she so loves to meet new dogs and people.

Thanks for the suggestions for a rescheduled birthday, great idea but I don't think I'll get away with it. @Fairygodmother I'm all for extending the day so if I can I will. Hope you all have a good day, even if it's not as exciting as puppy class ;)

Reactions: Fairygodmother