Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Unfortunately the infection has come back, bigger and stronger for fighting off the first course of treatment. So now on some other antibiotics. Difficult to tell, since all the details are in french, but am getting the impression that these are heavy duty pills, with some potentially nasty side effects. Waiting in trepidation to see if any/all of those occur. Although should be able to avoid getting too much sun.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
This morning weighed at 49.3 kg.
Not surprised it's a gain, have been eating more in both quantity and carbs this week and doing less work around the place.

Edited to add more information.

Finished the antibiotics yesterday, so now can go back to normal eating. Am hoping the infection has been beaten this time.
BG this morning 6.3

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting today now 58kgs. Slowly going down.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Metformin 1x500mg is helping with needing less insulin. Hurray!
May postpone re-adding R-ala for nerve pain and numbness so not to mess up any side affect from metformin. Just til I've established metformin and it's tolerable level.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
:) :) :)
Well. I'm 112.40kgs now and started 2 metformin tablets yesterday. So less insulin. :)
Hoping to get to 99kgs and far less insulin.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
:) :) :)
Well. I'm 112.40kgs now and started 2 metformin tablets yesterday. So less insulin. :)
Hoping to get to 99kgs and far less insulin.
@ickihun you are looking great on your new photo! Well done with the insulin reduction as well.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Gosh you are looking good on your new photo! Well done with the insulin reduction as well.
Thank you @ryhopian.
I received a letter from new endo and he advises what I should do if any RH and hopeful for a no meds remission. I'm delighted it is possible.... Once I get rid of over 100units of insulin daily.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ryhopian.
I received a letter from new endo and he advises what I should do if any RH and hopeful for a no meds remission. I'm delighted it is possible.... Once I get rid of over 100units of insulin daily.
I'm rooting for you! No meds remission, if you can achieve that, what a great success story that would read.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When I checked the other day I had lost another pound but thought I would wait until today to record. Checked today and I had put it back on. Bummer!
Wouldn't care but losing that pound would have brought my weight down to healthy levels rather than being in the overweight category. Still, being overweight is better than being obese which is what I was when I started this game.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Started at 73.6kg, last week I was I forgot to measure the week before I was 71.3kg, this week, 69.3kg, first time below 70 in a long time.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Was expecting a loss, just not so much . Today weighed in at 47.7kg.

Reactions: Ryhia and Prem51

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Weighed yesterday and I was 111.70kgs so getting closer to my 99kg goal. :) :) :)

Wish consultant hadn't left. He did all the background hard work and now I'm losing from his recommendations.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've managed to lose the pound I was needing to bring my weight down to healthy levels. 9 stone. It only took two IF days this week. Never been this weight since my kids were born and my eldest is 40 this year. Happy bod today. Hope I don't put it back on next week. Cheers C.