Success At Local Surgery

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

I have another meeting next week with our local administrator with the aim of making further progress. I am really hoping she will kick start the distribution of your leaflet. The wheels turn very slowly but they are still turning. We also have another PPG meeting mid September which is just around the corner really and dealing with T2 diabetes is on the agenda again.

Reactions: Debandez and jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

I have another meeting next week with our local administrator with the aim of making further progress. I am really hoping she will kick start the distribution of your leaflet. The wheels turn very slowly but they are still turning. We also have another PPG meeting mid September which is just around the corner really and dealing with T2 diabetes is on the agenda again.
I'm doing a 10 min presentation to 100 including CCGs. Will fill you in when I get back from holiday.

Also have a clinic 11th Sept PM. All good.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm doing a 10 min presentation to 100 including CCGs. Will fill you in when I get back from holiday.

Also have a clinic 11th Sept PM. All good.
@Debandez

How did that go? I saw the advert go out on the surgery Facebook.

I have another PPG meeting on Tuesday. I will use the work you are doing as a great example of the way to go. There should be at least one GP there.

Reactions: Debandez and jjraak

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

This meeting went well. We looked at a few options:

• Drop in session at a local coffee shop in the evening
  • More formal session with questions and answers at the end
Frequency / regularity, time of day was discussed along with mode of delivery.

Entries on Facebook and Twitter were discussed and implemented for both surgeries. And a survey to establish the level of interest in either a drop in session or a more formal session was also down to be implemented.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This meeting went well. We looked at a few options:

• Drop in session at a local coffee shop in the evening
  • More formal session with questions and answers at the end
Frequency / regularity, time of day was discussed along with mode of delivery.

Entries on Facebook and Twitter were discussed and implemented for both surgeries. And a survey to establish the level of interest in either a drop in session or a more formal session was also down to be implemented.

WHERE were YOU when i was being diagnosed...:D

I'd of said THAT would have been a godsend for me.
i knew so little and needed that kind of one to one/small group chat URGENTLY,
i just didn't know it back then and let myself be sized up for a life of progressive complications.

Little knowing a simple change in diet would have such amazing turnaround in consequences for me.

More power to your PPG.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
WHERE were YOU when i was being diagnosed...:D

I'd of said THAT would have been a godsend for me.
i knew so little and needed that kind of one to one/small group chat URGENTLY,
i just didn't know it back then and let myself be sized up for a life of progressive complications.

Little knowing a simple change in diet would have such amazing turnaround in consequences for me.

More power to your PPG.
Yeah, thanks. I think it is a service that is sorely needed and with the right info being dished out. Fortunately there is a very active administrator at one of our surgeries which is helping.

I do believe that there are some patients that do not get as far as this forum, that need help. I think @Debandez is finding that?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yeah, thanks. I think it is a service that is sorely needed and with the right info being dished out. Fortunately there is a very active administrator at one of our surgeries which is helping.

I do believe that there are some that patients that do not get as far as this forum, that need help. I think @Debandez is finding that?

agree.

i'm no super sleuth or internet whizz, but i am a person who wants to DO SOMETHING
when the Poo hits the proverbial Fan..and it did for me Aug 2018, with a large THUD, to boot.

But i am aware others may not be so lucky or skilled or curious etc.

hence why i always query why something that shows great promise
(source: THIS forum ;))
has a proven medical ability to help lower HBA1c.
(source: Dr Unwins surgery data)

was NOT offered to me..i had to find it myself on the web.

My question. WHY do we abandon SO many others !!

Do we tell cancer patients there's nothing to do except brace for the disease to progress OR do we treat it palliatively and aggressively as needed.

Choices increase as research and new treatments come to light, as and when needed. AND readily available. in so many areas of medicine, THAT seems the norm...unless it's T2, it seems..:rolleyes:

yes i'm bleating...excuse me.:oops:
i just take it personal, when i'm expected to just wither and die*,
instead of being helped with the most up to date methods...:bag:

Dear TYPE 2*....S.O NOT G.O.I.N.G To happen...:D

Ps, dear Web...Thank you for just being YOU.. ..
Much love, a Grateful T2D survivor.

Last edited:
Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

How did that go? I saw the advert go out on the surgery Facebook.

I have another PPG meeting on Tuesday. I will use the work you are doing as a great example of the way to go. There should be at least one GP there.

I had a very positive experience. Got all my bits sorted, hand outs, my box of food items to explain nutritional labelling and what to look for. Rice against cauli rice, bread, tins, confirming good swaps and good pairing etc. I did a basic form to fill in with pt. Got myself all settled and ready for my pts. Sadly all DNAd! They hadn't had coutesy calls to remind them as my pt list on a different drive. I had their telephone numbers but felt maybe too much pressure. Reception were lovely. Sadly not long to get message across that clinic was on. So lesson learned. More advertising! Coutesy calls! It's a learning curve.

Booked a room for 9th Oct. But this time I'm doing 'low carb weight loss support'. I've just done leaflet tonight with hubby ready to wing off to surgery. This time I'm popping up leaflets at both surgeries and making sure I pester HCPs to death about booking pts in. Reception said DNA massive problem. The following clinic will be back to diabetes support.

Anyway I'm doing a 10 minute talk Wednesday. Wrote my speech up yesterday. It's to central west Blackpool area and to about 100 CCG/ppg members. I have my bg monitor, food diary and will be singing the praises of mysugr! I will be talking about my work in the community and surrounding areas. And offering my services to meet up with anyone interested. Hoping that goes well. Since my appearance on this morning my social media has gone wild! Only just calming down now. Message reached so many already. Continues to get hits on this morning YouTube and Facebook. It will be planted there forever so that in itself is a massive plus.

It's a work in progress but it feels like things are slowly changing.

I offered to help with DUK research and they facetimed for interview. I answered openly and honestly. 'You aren't going to like this' Haha. Got £75! And another yesterday re DCUK forum. Got £10!

Every little helps as they say. It's a marathon not a race as we say in the trade ;-)

Keep up the fantastic work. Things will come together soon I'm sure.

Working on another TV appearance, I love Lorraine Kelly. She is my next goal. Or lose women!!!! Would love it to be many of us together saying 'look what we've done' big pants and all that.

I've been chatting to dr zoe Williams (from this morning) and she is very much behind lchf so much so she is setting up a diabetes remission service at her practice.
Patients will be educated about Remission and then offered opportunity to opt into 1 of 3 groups (LCHF, very low cal meal replacement or time restricted feeding) patient choice after learning about all 3. It really is catching on.

I'm going to manchester on Thursday. An e-pert health event. All day. In the hope of learning more. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again
Deb

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All fantastic, Deb's.

But must pleased to read about Zoe.

Sad she took so much stick on line.
Not what we are about, BUT.
it must have shown her the depth of feeling out there.

So good on her for making a move in her surgery.

It can only help to have more of us to swell the numbers of "survivors" and winners :D

to help combat and change all the mediocre advice most get given, whose pathetic goal seems to be to ease us into the complications gently..:rolleyes:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All fantastic, Deb's.

But must pleased to read about Zoe.

Sad she took so much stick on line.
Not what we are about, BUT.
it must have shown her the depth of feeling out there.

So good on her for making a move in her surgery.

It can only help to have more of us to swell the numbers of "survivors" and winners :D

to help combat and change all the mediocre advice most get given, whose pathetic goal seems to be to ease us into the complications gently..:rolleyes:

Some fall out from my appearance on TV with comments re dr zoe . I looked for this morning video on Twitter but they have taken it down, presumably because of some of the remarks. I've been going on and answering questions or just commenting giving help. I PMd dr zoe to check she was ok after seeing her videos on Twitter. She said she wasnt crying, it was the wind. She is ok thankfully. Hate to think of anyone upset. I know passions are high but we have to be grateful of the exposure we get and keep everything positive to move forward quickly.

Video still on YouTube as no bad comments so that will hopefully remain and as such will help people and will guide them to our shining light.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

PPG meeting done. Mixed news. Firstly my surgery doesn’t want to be outdone by the other surgery so are looking at putting into place a member of admin staff to be paid out of what they called the Empowerment fund. So that they aren’t playing 2nd fiddle to what is being created a mile down the road. This should be beneficial for promoting T2 diabetes dietary solutions. My surgery as opposed to the other one, doesn’t want a clinic / 1 to 1 arrangement. But seem happy with a drop in session of some kind.

Each surgery seems to want to plow its own furrow.

They have ripped your leaflet from my mit, but unfortunately will make some changes. I sense that they will not make many, so for example in place of remission they might well put reversal of symptoms or similar.

It was obvious tonight that it won’t be easy but progress is being made.

It was suggested that they might want to invite you to their next Self Care event in November. Will pm you on the rest.

The one GP present had seen your This Morning YouTube video and was aware of your work at your local surgery. I didn’t have to tell her. So word is getting around.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez

PPG meeting done. Mixed news. Firstly my surgery doesn’t want to be outdone by the other surgery so are looking at putting into place a member of admin staff to be paid out of what they called the Empowerment fund. So that they aren’t playing 2nd fiddle to what is being created a mile down the road. This should be beneficial for promoting T2 diabetes dietary solutions. My surgery as opposed to the other one, doesn’t want a clinic / 1 to 1 arrangement. But seem happy with a drop in session of some kind.

Each surgery seems to want to plow its own furrow.

They have ripped your leaflet from my mit, but unfortunately will make some changes. I sense that they will not make many, so for example in place of remission they might well put reversal of symptoms or similar.

It was obvious tonight that it won’t be easy but progress is being made.

It was suggested that they might want to invite you to their next Self Care event in November. Will pm you on the rest.

The one GP present had seen your This Morning YouTube video and was aware of your work at your local surgery. I didn’t have to tell her. So word is getting around.
It's all good in my eyes. My leaflet can be amended to suit. I dont mind what they call remission tbh. As long as the low carb message gets out and helps.

Drop in clinic sounds very positive too. In fact I might do one here as well as 1 2 1s. Great idea. Love it.

Count me in for popping to your surgery force chat. Happy to bring my box if goodies along.

I'm working on a shopping list at the mo. How to do low carb in a budget. Also and lidl. All low carb items I buy with prices. That will be included in my leaflet handouts.

I have a 10 minute talk tomorrow. To @100. Ccg and ppg members from my area. I'm going to offer my services of course. It's free so they have nothing to lose. Win win.

Work in progress. But its catching on. All good.

Great work you have done. Thanks for plugging at it. It's working.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's all good in my eyes. My leaflet can be amended to suit. I dont mind what they call remission tbh. As long as the low carb message gets out and helps.

Drop in clinic sounds very positive too. In fact I might do one here as well as 1 2 1s. Great idea. Love it.

Count me in for popping to your surgery force chat. Happy to bring my box if goodies along.

I'm working on a shopping list at the mo. How to do low carb in a budget. Also and lidl. All low carb items I buy with prices. That will be included in my leaflet handouts.

I have a 10 minute talk tomorrow. To @100. Ccg and ppg members from my area. I'm going to offer my services of course. It's free so they have nothing to lose. Win win.

Work in progress. But its catching on. All good.

Great work you have done. Thanks for plugging at it. It's working.
Low carb on a budget will be another good one.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
So that’s it @Debandez , your leaflet is now on display at my surgery (not sure about the other surgery yet). No changes except the logo :D

No changes either, I'm thrilled. Thanks again!!! Just going to post in full on chat about today. Great networking opportunity and much interest!!! Its taking off woohooo.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
E08EC70F-D318-4DF6-AE1F-379206424A51.jpeg

Debs leaflet in my surgery. Top right.

Last edited: