Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

jimbo51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am T2 from the 11th-09-19 to today 18th-09-19 my fasting levals are as follows 13.7 - 12.7 - 21.3 - 21.8 - 21.8 - 17.8 - 18.7.
I was on Metaformin FR and SR but it coursed havac with stomach now on Gliclazide 80mg twice a day

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, highest reading I have had in 3 weeks. Had a really bad night's sleep, woke up feeling very tired. Last night was a low carb meal a 5pm. Was 6.1 I hour after and 5.2 2 hours after. Don't understand why it's so high today, I have had lower readings every morning for weeks :(

Reactions: Prem51

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1 this morning, highest reading I have had in 3 weeks. Had a really bad night's sleep, woke up feeling very tired. Last night was a low carb meal a 5pm. Was 6.1 I hour after and 5.2 2 hours after. Don't understand why it's so high today, I have had lower readings every morning for weeks :(
A bad night's sleep can affect your BG

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
A bad night's sleep usually causes mine to go up - so does a lie in - strange that!

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else have it always high in morning no matter what I’ve eaten the night before.
Ranges between 8 and 9.8
Are you taking any medication? Mine is usually very low low but i suspect the Metformin im taking helps with this

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Anyone else have it always high in morning no matter what I’ve eaten the night before.
Ranges between 8 and 9.8

Maybe that is the "phenomenon" part of "dawn phenomenon." My FBG seems to have nothing to do with what I ate or drank the night before or how much sleep I got.

6.9 this morning after eating better yesterday than for the two previous days.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.7 this morning.
Bloods were 7.00 last night when I went to bed haven't a clue why last thing I had to eat was at 5:30. Needed to miss breakfast to get bloods back to something reasonable. So frustrating!