Carnivore Corner

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't have nearly two hours in my life to listen to this.
Is there a research paper which I can read?
The French University paper titled "A low-carbohydrate high-fat diet initiated promptly after diagnosis provides clinical remission in three patients with type 1 diabetes" seems to have been registered but not available on Elsevier that I can find.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31301353

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The French University paper titled "A low-carbohydrate high-fat diet initiated promptly after diagnosis provides clinical remission in three patients with type 1 diabetes" seems to have been registered but not available on Elsevier that I can find.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31301353
Yes, I tried to info about both the studies but couldn't find much information. Very strange. It is huge for a newly diagnosed T1D but no info. Either results are doubtful or it is something else.
I found some details about french study here.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/201...-of-adults-with-type-1-diabetes-99607766.html

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Out of curiosity, for the steak eaters.... how much would you likely consume on average per steak based meal?

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Can I please ask members to respect each other views and opinions without resorting to bickering - sensible debate is encouraged and any posts which don’t follow forum rules will be edited or deleted.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
How is it false hope?
If there is a probability that it can be done why shouldn't we try to replicate it. We all know nothing can said yet. It all depends on individual it may work or may not. But unless we try it we would never know and it will always be a falsi hope.
Is anything wrong in tweaking a diet? No one is saying to stop insulin.
And what do you mean by "allowed'? Respectfully, I'm reasonably certain that I do not require your permission in order to share information that is in the public domain. In fact your hysterical reaction is the precise reason I did not post in the type 1 sub-forum. If you feel that my post contravenes forum rules then please report it. Otherwise have a Coke and a smile.

Good day to you.

Respectfully!!!!! Giving false hope to a newly diagnosed type 1 that there is a cure WOW!!!!!!
Hysterical! you really do not have a clue!!!!!!!!

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Mine are usually between 400 and 500g pre cooking..
I get the butcher to cut extra thick..

That's about what I had for lunch 425g... thick cut, seared on the outside and very rare on the inside. Thank you.

Veryanxious

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Respectfully!!!!! Giving false hope to a newly diagnosed type 1 that there is a cure WOW!!!!!!
Hysterical! you really do not have a clue!!!!!!!!
No one said it is cure, it is at most haultling autoimmune or stopping progression and removing inflammation.
When you remove inflammation your body gets time to heal lot of other things rather than focusing on the inflammation which is causing it to attack its own tissues.
That child resumed eating normal diet he lost the progression.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Out of curiosity, for the steak eaters.... how much would you likely consume on average per steak based meal?

Being a feak and weeble girl, my steaks are usually around 225-250g ribeye or sirloin.
But I add extra butter

I've eaten a 22 oz T bone once, with no added butter, but plenty of salt. Didn't need to eat again for around 30 hours. :D

Interesting what people are saying about rendered fat, and raw fat.
Can't do the raw, myself - instant gag reflex.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Being a feak and weeble girl, my steaks are usually around 225-250g ribeye or sirloin.
But I add extra butter

I've eaten a 22 oz T bone once, with no added butter, but plenty of salt. Didn't need to eat again for around 30 hours. :D

Well, that's a relief to hear someone out there is eating more then 170g. :D

Sometimes I'll eat up to 25 oz, but I don't eat raw either... I like the steak seared, cooked in butter and the fat cooked enough to get just the right amount of flavour out of it. Bacon on top of steak is a nice mix too, but each to their own I guess. Although, bacon on top of anything is nice. I also have a fond liking for mushrooms pan fried in butter (Salt n pepper) on steak, but I'll shut up as I'm not sure how carnivores feel about mushrooms and I don't want a procession of flame lit torches marching down the road towards my house. ;)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
No one said it is cure, it is at most haultling autoimmune or stopping progression and removing inflammation.
When you remove inflammation your body gets time to heal lot of other things rather than focusing on the inflammation which is causing it to attack its own tissues.
That child resumed eating normal diet he lost the progression.

The post said "reversing" type 1......reversing type 1 means no more type 1????? No more injections?
ie "FALSE HOPE"
IF it were true the press would have jumped on that

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Sometimes I'll eat up to 25 oz, but I don't eat raw either... I like the steak seared, cooked in butter and the fat cooked enough to get just the right amount of flavour out of it. Bacon on top of steak is a nice mix too, but each to their own I guess. Although, bacon on top of anything is nice. I also have a fond liking for mushrooms pan fried in butter (Salt n pepper) on steak, but I'll shut up as I'm not sure how carnivores feel about mushrooms and I don't want a procession of flame lit torches marching down the road towards my house. ;)

A lot of carnivores are ok with mushrooms .. half way house between plants and animals.. I have them sometimes.

Reactions: Tophat1900

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The post said "reversing" type 1......reversing type 1 means no more type 1????? No more injections?
ie "FALSE HOPE"

As one study was probably originally written in Hungarian and the other in French the press may well have been unaware which is why it's a good idea to publicise these things..

We are also talking about a max of 6 people? .. however if there were a possible way to reverse cancer that was new and you had cancer wouldn't you want to know about it?

Your confidence in the "press" is sweet, although possibly unfounded in reality, looking at the guff that seems to get publicised these days..

M

Member496333

ie "FALSE HOPE"

Please stop attacking a post that was simply intended to share information that is out there in the public domain. You are dragging this thread downhill.

Thanks.

Reactions: Kristin251

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
But I add extra butter

I can only do raw fat in my raw ground or in the cold steak it eat. I cannot just bite a piece off a raw steak. Yes. Gag

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
As a Lada from 50 years old, I really so t think there’s a cure but I do believe there is a way to slow the progression, perhaps for many years with the right diet and lifestyle. I 100% believe I inadvertently staved off the inevitable when I went ultra low carb over 2 decades ago. Lada is slow progression to insulin. I had been controlling my bs with lc diet for many years but if I ate carbs I definitely had higher blood sugars. There were a few periods that I tried to eat ‘healthy whole grains and fruit’ before I started checking my glucose and I remember feeling comatose after those meals and ravenously hungry. I now realize what was going on.
I would like to, but don’t believe the couple people I mentioned that are tuoem1 but off insulin that they are cured. I believe FOR NOW they are holding off the inevitable by eating lchf and more power to them. I’d do it too. Oh wait. I did! I just didn’t know I did.
Now with the c peptide and GAD showing they are T1 doesn’t mean they need insulin yet and it would likeLy kill them at this stage. But eventually they probably will. IMHO.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Please stop attacking a post that was simply intended to share information that is out there in the public domain. You are dragging this thread downhill.

Thanks.

I am merely stating that type 1 can not be reversed, from a post which you have put up

M

Member496333

I am merely stating that type 1 can not be reversed, from a post which you have put up

You are objecting (continually) to a post which shared information from another source that is related to the subject matter of the thread. A post which made very clear that no opinion was being put forward. You are entitled to disagree with the information, but you are not the arbiter of what other people choose to discuss. Furthermore you do not have exclusivity rights on the discussion of type 1 diabetes.

This will be moderated now, so I will leave it there. I am done debating it with you.

Reactions: Kristin251

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

I would remind you that this thread is for people discussing carnivory, not for the discussion of whether T1 can, or cannot be 'reversed'.

Anyone who is interested in the information that @Jim Lahey mentioned about the Paleomedicina diet protocol, and the case studies they have done with recently diagnosed T1s, can find them with an internet search on the subject. I suggest using the search terms 'Paleomedicina' and 'diabetes'. There is also the podcast link he provided.

I would suggest it is unwise to adopt any entrenched position without following up on the research.

The study results in question have been in the public domain for several years, and were mentioned here on the diabetes.co.uk main website back in 2016 (as that internet search will show).

Anyone wishing to discuss these studies is asked to do so on another thread to prevent this one being further derailed.

Additional posts on this thread debating the subject will be deleted as argumentative and off topic.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I've been carnivore (probably no less than 90% carni on any day, and usually 98% carni) for over 20 months now, and have been astonished how my tastes have changed. I now find most veg, esp raw veg, unappetising. The smell of veg like broccoli and cabbage is revolting to me, where I used to enjoy those foods. As for mushrooms, I ate them on steak and as a garnish for the first 6 months, then one day... nope. Not for me any more. It was as if the flavour changed from pleasant to unpleasant overnight.