Please help me pump /cgm

sarahm723

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m getting the Medtronic 640

With the elite sensor
Which is connected to the pump and stops insulin if you are low

My dilemma is is the Dexcom a better cgm ? Am I better to lose the fact the insulin shuts off but to instead have my bloods in front of me on my phone with Dexcom rather than having to look at my pump

Elite is continuous cgm and talks to the pump to stop insulin when lo. But I have to fish out the pump to view bloods I don’t live this

Dexcom I’d see it on my phone I love this

Please help I need to make my desicion today

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @sarahm723

Yes as @MeiChanski has said I use the 640g and self fund the Dexcom G6 at a cost of £159 a month, I opted for the G6 partly out of cost as it was about £90 cheaper and also for the phone app and alert, I can’t compare against the enlite though but felt it made no difference if it was linked or not, the critical part for me was to reduce hypo events and severity of hypos by catching them early. The G6 isn’t foolproof however so if your bg levels are heading south quickly then it’s hard to catch them in time but your quicker to respond and the accuracy of the G6 is pretty good, you can also access the G6 Clarity data which is excellent for tracking results and making adjustments - you can also prolong your sensors life by a further 10 days which helps with costs.

Reactions: sarahm723