Feet Hurt

theblokefromstoke

Dislikes
Pizza (makes my BG go through the roof), Pasta & potatoes.
Hi All,

My feet feel like I've just run a marathon in badly fitting, wet boots. The've beedn like this for a few days. I'm guessing it may be neuropathy? Can this still occur if i have good control of my BG?

By the Way, I have not run a marathon or worn bably fitting or wet footwear.

Cheers

Carl

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
From what I was told, once the onset of a neuropathy has taken a grip, its with you for life. However, I was also told that we can lessen the effects and prevent it becoming progressively worse by keeping a good and tight control over our BG values.

DazG

My left foot has been hurting me for about a month, its sort of inside my foot, near the middle and towards the heel, my doctor gave me a cortisone injection which made it feel worse. Now the pain comes and goes, but when it hurts, it really hurts and throbs.

I have no idea whats causing it, Im newly diagnosed so am hoping its just general foot pain.

If it is diabetes related and even with tight control Im going to suffer with bits and bobs like this for the rest of my life (im 34) then to be honest id rather not bother.

jaykay

There are loads of problems with feet that are nothing to do with diabetes. 2 of the most common are bone spurs and plantar fasciaitis. It's always worth getting a proper diagnosis and not just guessing :) Someone on here said that diabetics could self refer to a podiatrist. That's the course of action I would chose.

Murphybear

Agree - pains in feet not funny, always worth getting them checked out. My right foot was hurting so much the other day I went to local hospital - doc diagnosed gout and gave me anti-inflammatories. Few days later almost back to normal. Don't know what caused it but probably not diabetes related (or too much port!) OH thought it was funny but he's never had it.

Murphybear
:p :lol: :mrgreen:

jaykay

My husband has been misdiagnosed with gout....twice! The first time he had a micro fracture in a metatarsal. Second time was a reaction to the tablets for his heart condition being kept at too high a dose. And they wonder why we take what the doctors say with a pinch of salt :roll:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A diagnosed diabetic can self refer to the podiatry service. In my experience, these people are more helpful, more efficient and more organised than the doctors.
Please Note, I said "In My Experience". For some folks, this may not be so.
Hana

benniesmum

Dislikes
My Doc right now
I've had plantar fasciitis on and off for over 20 years. It runs in my family :)) It can be really, really excruciating, as in mega pain killers, screaming and wheelchair painful. Funnily enough, I haven't had it since being diagnised with Diabetes.

I've also broken toes (Karate) and have arthritis in both big toes, which can hurt quite a bit too.

So it isn't always neuropathy. Worth checking out with your diabeticdoc just in case though.

wsmum

Just want to add to those who recommend a podiatrist. All the ones we've seen have been very knowledgeable with extremely practical ideas that do help. Hope things get better soon.