Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've been thinking about it on and off, I have a feeling that I won't be getting a CGM with the pump. I've heard that it is not offered routinely. I've also read that the CGM is offered separately from the pump. But we'll see when the time comes. :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 you bring up an interesting point about different basal profiles.
I have never bothered with an "ill profile" - I just use the temporary profile and assume the shape of the profile stays the same whilst the numbers are increased. I admit I have not been ill enough to test this theory so I am intrigued by your "ill"profile. Do you find you need more at different times of the day or is it something else?

I say profile, it would be done on a temp basal setting. That was mis-leading.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's finished!
70337366_10218520760324600_4750269640813314048_n.jpg

A very big difference with my old floor:
70748621_10218520764004692_8955058914408267776_n.jpg

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I love how all the dogos are sitting on the sofa :) Well done you! looks fantastic.
More a case of 'well done sweet neighbour'! He was going to help me with the beginning but in the end he has done the whole floor!
Wow, and so shiny! Memories of sock skating.
It's not as shiny as in the picture, but I expect sock skating o work just fine!
Today is a no socks day, but will try as soon as it's sock day :)
You're the second one to mention sock skating in reaction to my floor today!
@Antje77 the flooring looks amazing.
I am a little concerned about the couch - earlier in the day you were looking forward to enjoying food on the couch. As I know your dogs are not food, I hope they give you some space on the couch to enjoy your food.
Plenty of room for all of us while I eat. The only problem is my old dog. His brain is starting to deteriorate and meals for me have become more of a defend your plate thing than an enjoy your meal thing.
Old dog has always been very polite in waiting his turn and doing a step back when asked, so I can't blame him for what his brain simply cant do anymore. Still, I like the defending better than locking him outside the room when I eat, only to have him scratch the door, unable to understand why it's closed.

Reactions: porl69

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My new “little” one, I say that even though she is 40 lbs (3.2 stone?)compared to my 75 lb (5.3 stone) Doberman, she seems so small, she is deciding to be mean and fierce defending the house against the handyman that are redoing a room for us. From being a timid little thing to a very loud deep bark.

We have her behind a kitty gate with us which she is scared of, and at least she is not barking now every time they go by, but if they stop and speak to us or carry something she starts really speaking up. We’ve come to the conclusion she doesn’t see well. If we talk to her first when we come in, we don’t get barked at.

Reactions: ert and Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, and so shiny! Memories of sock skating.
I already found out dog feet skating goes very well. Dog jumped from couch while turning to jump back up to play with other dog and finds himself more than a meter further than expected and missing the couch in the return jump :hilarious::hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does anyone know if a pump does help with lipo-worsit? I understand the whole idea of it being less injections, but does it really? Does it improve the insulin absorption? If someone has lipohydrothropy, would it not be difficult to insert the infusion site? I'm only asking because I have some areas that are quite painful to push the needle in and some areas that feel quite hard under the skin. I've seen some ladies insert their infusion site around their milk jugs or on their chests.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is the first time I’ve experienced my sensor reading 2-3mmol higher coming to the end of it’s life. My graph looks awful because of it

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
This is the first time I’ve experienced my sensor reading 2-3mmol higher coming to the end of it’s life. My graph looks awful because of it
I have a great graph of a vertical line down to zero after removing a sensor and one coming down from the top of my screen an hour later. It's almost like I died and came back to life.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a great graph of a vertical line down to zero after removing a sensor and one coming down from the top of my screen an hour later. It's almost like I died and came back to life.

Oh wow, mine looks like I neglected diabetes, spiking to the sky and crashing straight back down. The highs are over exaggerated by it and according to my meter it’s not that bad.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Morning all! Not much to report, got a full day of learning the theory behind basic life support and when to recognise when someone has died. See you on the other side...
Hang on - you go over to check we are dead? That’s dedication.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning, a bit hypoy this morning 2.6 :( I had a nightmare about the insulin pump. Apparently it kept failing and the frustrating thing is I don’t even have the gadget yet.