FIASP users on pumps

bonerp

Hi I've just started on Fiasp from Apidra in a pump. I'm delighted with how quickly it works and thinking about taking it AFTER a meal!
But I am feeling low quite soon after and I appear to need LESS insulin both basal and bolus.
Have you found the same thing? I don't want to reduce basal quite so soon but feel that maybe my 1:10 ratio needs to be 1:15 (ie 1 unit per 15g carbs rather than 1:10 which I did before).
thanks

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have been on Fiasp for around 8 months now. As Helen has mentioned if you keep the vial out of the fridge then it does start to loose its strength and ends up like water! I return mine to the fridge between set changes and take it out around an hour before my set change is due to avoid the dreaded bubbles.
When I first started on Fiasp it worked really quick but seems to have slowed down in the time it takes to work. I still pre-bolus but only around 10-15 mins before I eat

bonerp

Yes I saw this in an earlier post.
I'm definitely requiring less! Even had a pizza last night and no spikes whatsoever. I love this stuff. BGs are flat lining like never before :)