Type 1'stars R Us

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was our wedding anniversary yesterday - 20 yrs!, so I recreated our wedding main dish last night - even though I do say so myself it was blinking good! I managed to culture 20 years worth of mould in 1.5hrs :hilarious:

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Morning all, woke lowish, (pred text wants me to say lowing so put it in its place), but breakfast has fixed that. Only thing that spoilt it was the sight of a ring dove perching on the bird feeder to do a very copious poo. Ugh!
Waiting to hear if friend’s migraine has lifted so we can use our bus passes to go to a craft show. Hoping it has; her on the bus conversation is shockingly hilarious, hoping for a treat today.

Reactions: MeiChanski and hh1

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
No, her migraine’s still there (maybe it’s met a bug too) so I’m off for a solo adventure. Must remember she’s not there - must not talk to self on bus - or make bad jokes.
Hope everyone’s day is good.

Reactions: Cumberland

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone,

I've not been on here for a few days ish, I've been suffering (and feeling sorry for myself) with Tonsillitis again!
That is the 3rd time this year now :(

But enough of that, I have excellent news .. .. ..

Yesterday I got a Freestyle Libre!!!
I am very excited & yet very nervous about applying my first sensor this afternoon!!
Wish me luck :D

Reactions: karen8967

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning everyone,

I've not been on here for a few days ish, I've been suffering (and feeling sorry for myself) with Tonsillitis again!
That is the 3rd time this year now :(

But enough of that, I have excellent news .. .. ..

Yesterday I got a Freestyle Libre!!!
I am very excited & yet very nervous about applying my first sensor this afternoon!!
Wish me luck :D
Woohoo well done. It looks like it is really going to hurt when applying BUT a finger prick really hurts more :)

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news @Manfer87, and you'll find it helps more than you'd think. Do check it against your meter at first to see if it's running true; I still put mine on 24 hours before I activate as they've worked better that way for me. I found I was losing a day of Libre due to inaccuracy, although the latest ones are supposed to be reliable sooner. Good luck!

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got to agree about the Libre, there is virtually no pain whatsoever. Lets us know how you got on.

I am reluctant to post my average BG on here for past few days, as everytime I have a few really good days and i post about it on here, figures tend to go haywire for a few days.

But hey ho, here we go past 2 days my BG has not gone above 8.6 at all, which for me is pretty much unheard of. Typically running between 5.0 and 6.5.

is this because i have my annual review in a weeks time????:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great news @Manfer87, and you'll find it helps more than you'd think. Do check it against your meter at first to see if it's running true; I still put mine on 24 hours before I activate as they've worked better that way for me. I found I was losing a day of Libre due to inaccuracy, although the latest ones are supposed to be reliable sooner. Good luck!

Yeah the consultant did say there could be a slight delay with it getting accurate.

Manfer87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got to agree about the Libre, there is virtually no pain whatsoever. Lets us know how you got on.

I am reluctant to post my average BG on here for past few days, as everytime I have a few really good days and i post about it on here, figures tend to go haywire for a few days.

But hey ho, here we go past 2 days my BG has not gone above 8.6 at all, which for me is pretty much unheard of. Typically running between 5.0 and 6.5.

is this because i have my annual review in a weeks time????:angelic::angelic::angelic::angelic:

Ah yes I'll let you know how it goes @smc4761
I'll be putting it on/in about 4:30 this afternoon. I was told to do it 4 hours after eating & at least 2 before next meal.
I'll update you all tomorrow :)

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Manfer87 a lot of us try and insert the Libre 24 hours before the old one runs out. The "bedding" in time seems to give better 1st day accuracy

Reactions: Manfer87

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have returned from old pastures and friends. Beautifully sunny day, bloods good despite the half bottle of Prosecco. Now getting ready for weekend visit from cousin. Should be fun. Gin and wine could be involved!

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Strange! Why?

I can only imagine that whilst it's 'bedding in' it's best to have fairly consistent BG levels - a bit like when you calibrate a CGM best to do it when things are a bit more settled - first I've heard of it with inserting a Libre but I can sort of understand the whys and where fors of it.

Reactions: Marie 2

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ripped out my old sensor and yikes, it smelled bad because of the dry blood.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was our wedding anniversary yesterday - 20 yrs!, so I recreated our wedding main dish last night - even though I do say so myself it was blinking good! I managed to culture 20 years worth of mould in 1.5hrs :hilarious:
Belated congrats slip

Reactions: slip