borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
IanD said:
I like the Daily Mail

The puzzle pages are challenging - I take out the middle & throw the rest away.

Dangerous. If you even touch it, it turns you into a racist.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
borofergie said:
IanD said:
I like the Daily Mail

The puzzle pages are challenging - I take out the middle & throw the rest away.

Dangerous. If you even touch it, it turns you into a racist.

Bacon? or the Daily Mail?

As Ogden Nash wrote:
"The pig, if I am not mistaken, Supplies us sausage, ham and bacon,
Let others say his heart is big-- I call it stupid of the pig."

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
I love bacon but surely all processed foods are bad no matter who or which paper reports it?

At least I read many here say that procecced foods are bad, is that not the case when it's about food that we like eating?

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Sid Bonkers said:
Killer bacon!!! :shock:

killer%20bacon.gif

Where do you get them from Sid?

Love it. :lol: :lol:

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
This was covered on the Wright Stuff this morning but the coverage was so short I looked away and missed it.

Anyone established yet what this 50% increase is on?

To be more specific, if there is a risk of 2 in a million and it goes up to 3 in a million then that is a 50% increase but not a significant risk.

Cheers

LGC

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Killer bacon, eh? Red meat, too? I'm dead, and nobody told me! :shock: :lol:

Viv 8)

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
whiskymac said:
What a load of 'hogwash', surely this means that those of the Jewish persuation are 50% less likely to contract type 2 !!! :p

South Asians, including Muslims & Hindu vegetarians are a special "at risk" category. That aspect of the study of which I am in a control group hasn't been reported.

Kenny

The last time I had bacon it was as follows:

6 thin rashers of streaky bacon fried without any added oil in a large frying pan. The bacon fat left in the pan was used to fry a couple of fresh tomatoes. Button mushrooms were then added, along with two eggs. The whole was consumed with two slices of brown bread and a large mug of piping hot tea.

Breakfast heaven!

liklejojo

Kenny said:
The last time I had bacon it was as follows:

6 thin rashers of streaky bacon fried without any added oil in a large frying pan. The bacon fat left in the pan was used to fry a couple of fresh tomatoes. Button mushrooms were then added, along with two eggs. The whole was consumed with two slices of brown bread and a large mug of piping hot tea.

Breakfast heaven!

Absolutely :)

Grazer

IanD said:
South Asians, including Muslims & Hindu vegetarians are a special "at risk" category. That aspect of the study of which I am in a control group hasn't been reported.

So it's not the bacon doing it for them then?
Also, aren't Afro caribbeans also a risk group? If so, and you add them to the South Asians, doesn't it mean with the numbers they represent that they're normal risk and the rest of us are low risk?

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
The people that ate bacon and became diabetic PROBABLY ate it between 2 slices of white bread, with butter and tomatoe sauce. It's that hi-fat/hi-carb (Hi-sugar) killer combo.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are right Patch . That is one of the things I find most difficult a B.L.T not in bread is a non starter :(
CAROL

Grazer

Serious question for a moment - have any of you tried making bread using that "Carbalose" replacement flour? I have, it's like the real thing and doesn't seem to affect my BG at all. Maybe I'm just lucky with it, but it makes a great BLT!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
carty said:
You are right Patch . That is one of the things I find most difficult a B.L.T not in bread is a non starter :(
CAROL

Me too!!! :(

Grazer

noblehead said:
carty said:
CAROL

Me too!!! :(
Did you get the following you bread mourners you? It does make real bread!
malcysykes1 said:
Serious question for a moment - have any of you tried making bread using that "Carbalose" replacement flour? I have, it's like the real thing and doesn't seem to affect my BG at all. Maybe I'm just lucky with it, but it makes a great BLT!