Type 1'stars R Us

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was our wedding anniversary yesterday - 20 yrs!, so I recreated our wedding main dish last night - even though I do say so myself it was blinking good! I managed to culture 20 years worth of mould in 1.5hrs :hilarious:
Can’t believe it’s 20 years....and they said it wouldn’t last.:)

Reactions: Marie 2

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I learned all about gangrene today. Nicely illustrated with photos of diabetic feet...
Gosh, Mel. You're rattling through it all at quite a pace. You'll be delivering babies before you know it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's finished!
70337366_10218520760324600_4750269640813314048_n.jpg

A very big difference with my old floor:
70748621_10218520764004692_8955058914408267776_n.jpg

Nice job.

We got laminate flooring in our gaff. What those dogs skate about when they get exited. ;)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
But a Libre is factory calibrated and the official apps/reader have no way to calibrate.
Like you, I can understand the need for BG stability if using a CGM which can be calibrated to the wearer but I don’t understand why you would need it when using a factory calibrated sensor.
It is not anything that I have read or heard from Abbott reps.

Me neither! I do put a new one in 24 hours before activation. Both for convenience, and to allow settling down. But I activate as soon as the other ceases. When it is on line an hour later it joins up pretty well with the previous sensor. Wether I have eaten recently or not.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning friends, much better today at 6.2 :) I have a libre review and my first therapy appointment today.

Reactions: Antje77

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The Libre has got to do some sort of checks, especially in that first hour - I can only assume in that hour if bloods are fluctuating it could upset it's warm up processes? An interesting thought?

Bloods all good if a bit low this morning, Happy Friday :joyful:

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
I might be interested in this
Hi there-- I've add you to the list of possibles -- venue should be confirmed in the next few days and I will post about it on this thread...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So that was a quick libre review, dsn said the insulin pump therapy led nurse is on holiday but she’ll be back next week so I should hear back in 2 weeks. DSN also said she’ll refer me as an urgent case and confirmed it’ll be with a CGM. She mentioned some form of implant if pump therapy doesn’t work, apparently more effective but temporary solution.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a bit of time to kill before my next appointment. I looked at the notice board at my diabetes centre and apparently theres a meet-up. The organiser is type 1 but does low carb and I thought oooh I’m interested, so I might look into it.

Reactions: Antje77

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to mention that my DSN said there’s another patient with extreme nocturnal hypos, he would treat it and drop back into it. He works from home and his wife helps him. But he was offered the implant because the pump would cut off/ suspend his insulin but once he resumes, he’ll crash again.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, got a study day today, and some adulting to do. Pick up prescriptions, go 10 miles to the bank (because they closed the two branches in my area :mad:) to sort out my student bank account, and then a gig in Cardiff tonight. Meanwhile I’m reading up on ECG shockable rhythms, anatomy of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and microbiology ready for my first set of exams in just four weeks. No pressure then. My tutor said that for every hour of lecture time, we need to do ten hours of reading. I had seven hours of lectures yesterday! And six the day before... could do with that time turner thingy Hermione Granger had in Harry Potter to make extra hours in the day! Meanwhile, I have bought myself a t-shirt that says “Girly Swot” :D

Oh, bloods running pretty well :)

Loving catching up with you all. New puppies, pump questions, climbing and all the things. Wonderful.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! My MiaoMiao2 turned up to replace my Blucon, just in time for a new sensor start - good! New sensor seems to be miles out this morning (12.2 in LibreLink compared to 7.7 fingerprick) - bad! Will have to see if it settles down or not.

In other news, my driving licence renewal came through the post. Filled out all the forms and then discovered that because its a renewal on medical terms they're unable to use my passport photo to renew it with, so I have to go back to the 90s and go and get one printed to stick on the form. If it was just the photo to renew I could have just asked them to use my digital passport photo, sigh.

Reactions: MeiChanski

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Well done on your studies @Mel dCP The course sounds really interesting, i'd be fascinated to do be studying that.

Glad it's Friday, been a long week had a big hypo last night which hit me like a ton of bricks even the Dexcom couldn't catch that one in time. Have got a fun run on Sunday with daughter, it's called the doughnut dash, guess what i'll be eating at the end !!