Bed Time

moori

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just curious, how do you sleep with a pump? I find it in my way most of the night and keep on waking...
Any ideas would be appreciated :)

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Mine is in a lycra belt (Amazon or JDF I think?) which keeps it out of my way but doesn't involve velcro!

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
If my pump belt is in the wash then I sleep with it by my side. Else it is in my belt. I sleep on my stomach and the pump is inbetween my tummy and mattress. I can feel it but it doesn't really bother me. Luckily I sleep like a log :)

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If there is clothing on I would clip it on the front of my underwear....as opposed to the side as it sits during the day.....

sometimes though I let it just sit loose in the bed, but I am now used it to it and i think my brain knows its there sub-consciously so doesn't effect sleep...

Maddie55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just curious, how do you sleep with a pump? I find it in my way most of the night and keep on waking...
Any ideas would be appreciated :)
Hi, l sleep in one of those soft bra's and my pump just fit's in the front. I hope that this helps.

Clementine68

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't have a pump but this may be considered however I am toss and turn when in bed that's what is putting me off. How do other restless sleepers do?

boxing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
I normally tuck my pump under my pillow and don't even know it's there. I sometimes even charge it whilst I am sleeping I never toss and turn and just sleep on my left side .

Maddie55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't have a pump but this may be considered however I am toss and turn when in bed that's what is putting me off. How do other restless sleepers do?
I also toss and turn. Having the pump is the best thing l have done. You can use a insulin pump belt ect or l just wear one of those pull on bra's and put it down the front. Never had any problems. All the best if you decide to go on the pump. Life is definitely easier with one.

Reactions: Clementine68

Lizeard

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I use a small soft camera case, day and night. I clip it through the tie holes on my pj bottoms at night, and through the belt loops on my jeans during the day, using a small dog clip (can’t think what it’s called). Easy to get into as well!

moori

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your advice, i have the medronic 670, which is quite bulky.. ill try your suggestions about a belt...

hodders

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi
I have only recently had the privilege of being approved for a pump. Initially my main worry was sleeping with it. I am one of those people who thinks if they stay still for too long they will internally combust. According to my other half that seems to apply too during sleep. I did my research and like Helensarmy purchased a Hidin belt which you can wear any which way. Its great and I don't notice at all that I am wearing it

Reactions: Clementine68