What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
here is a picture of my boy Jacko just because, well he's a miss.
OOh he looks gorgeous john...such a shame he's no longer with you but what a fabulous life he got when you and the family found each other.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OOh he looks gorgeous john...such a shame he's no longer with you but what a fabulous life he got when you and the family found each other.
He was a sod, but the gentlest soul you could ever wish to meet. I'm honoured that we got nearly 3 years with him.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="Krystyna23040, post: 2137956, member: 374421"

So I am a perfect example of someone who's tastes handicap them in managing their T2.[/QUOTE]

s0826.gif

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Post was as a 100% WINNER for me, but i gave Funny for Erics promotion..
( Top man, kinda thing i would have done...
m1272.gif
)

What a journey you are on.
just SO motivational in your drive and willingness to push yourself beyond your boundaries and comfort Zone..

Fair play..
m1234.gif
m1235.gif

Long May you continue being a living embodiment of the Wisdom of Crowds
And a real life thorn in their side of the reality that THEY are WRONG on SO many levels
in their Wretched treatment of those of us with Type 2.

:D

Dr unwin actually said at the x-pert health conference that the HCPs wont be able to give rubbish advice much longer as the libre is here :) it's just a matter of time. Then I can retire a very happy woman. I've got some fantastic news to share about my next 'gig'. Will be doing a post shortly. I'm very excited!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
SASKIA...it's FAR too early for christmas cracker jokes..:wideyed:......:hilarious:

How's you, ?

up WAAYY too early as i WANT to sleep.... but my body and mind, just says NO.NO,NO
(why do i hear that in an amy winehouse voice..? )

but am on hols so can go back to bed later if needed..
(that's a big 'YES' ..whispering this, so my body won't catch on ..;):bag: )

6.1 on the meter of mirth.

Battle has commenced for the space vacated by steph moving out.

the bedroom weights bench now sports madames yoga gear...<drums fingers>
i've already lost the battle of the bathroom shelves, this ones a must win..

Cleary outgunned by bathroom items, that madame seems to pull out of thin air.
may even have LOST space..:wideyed: due to my paltry collection of shaving items and deodorant (one.).
Versus her untold salvo of lotions, potions, creams..,it's like the scene from the Matrix with all the Mr Smiths appearing only this times it beauty products.....:***::rolleyes:

(Btw, How many tools CAN there be to pluck or pull hairs from a woman's body :woot:
all clearly marked by the Marquis de sade, me thinks )

so consider myself lucky to still be IN the bathroom at all...
it's NOT a defeat..ok..it's a tactical withdrawal...depleted NOT defeated..yet.

Of to plan todays strategy to counter madames not unexpected expedition to capture the majority of the bedroom space.
i fear it's just the first salvo in a long protracted campaign.
madame is a sneaky and mean opponent, so i best plan carefully and execute with precision if i'm to avail.

Love to all.
hope the day brings much joy.
So many funnies in this!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Meter showed 6.8 this morning which is highest since days 1 and 2 on July 8 and 9 2015. No idea how it relates to food lately, drugs since op, batteries in meter, atmospheric conditions, illness brewing or anything else. It is 1 reading and may not be repeated so no kneejerk reaction. It is, though, a very sudden and extreme manifestation of a 12-14 month deterioration in my body's relationship with LC (backed up by the data) so something like this may have been brewing. Obviously won't fix this in a day or by abandoning LC. I was concerned about fasting levels in mid to high 5s (maybe rightly) so this raises the stakes somewhat. Not after hugs or advice this is just what using my meter, recording data and reflecting on that is all about, IMHO. Bug brewing is obviously most likely explanation. Clues will come in how I feel and resting pulse (fitbit takes a while to update sleeping rate in the mornings but realtime one is high for me) Sorry if TLDR

Ian I hope you dont mind me suggesting something. I've discovered so much about my body and how it works with food, blood sugars etc from wearing a libre. You may be able to get on script if you explain circumstances and how you are feeling to your dr. 3 should do the trick (6 weeks) to give you a better understanding.

Reactions: gennepher

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all I got my Miao Miao yesterday and I’m loving it, a quick glance at my watch and I see my blood sugars. Having the opportunity to calibrate the Libre against finger prick tests is good(ish), seems my Libre has been reading a touch lower than my metre. The tomato app I’m using with Miao Miao has taken this into account. While my Libre gave me an over night hypo, tomato said I was a little bit high above my upper target or 7.5.
View attachment 35738 View attachment 35739
Dont know much about the MM so off to Google as it sounds brilliant.

Reactions: gennepher

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull another great fbg and estimable day. @dunelm that wheel is turning in some mighty fine stats of late but what in tarnation is a cooch? @PenguinMum hug for the bites. Enjoy your last day and the reunion with the gals (?) @HarrisonK your friend will be fine with e.g. the Costco suckling pig (other suckling pigs are available) but should avoid a full on farrowing sow. Hope that helps.

A cooch - when you all squeeze up

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from what appears at first glance is going to be a wonderful day here in the Lake District.

The wonder wheel of a weekend away and indoor BBQ pits issued a 5.1 this morning.

Lovely day yesterday traveling over with a stop in Keswick for lunch in a pub called The Chief Justice of the Common Pleas - a converted court complete with cells that are now booths - had some quite fiery chicken wings with an even hotter sriracha dipping sauce - just the thing for a hot afternoon.
A large contingent of children in the town centre protesting about climate change supported by a goodly number of adults.

Out for a walk this morning and then lunch in a pub/micro-brewery. After that, who knows.

Have a great day if you can - soak your weary bones in the sunshine if it makes an appearance.

upload_2019-9-21_7-13-29.jpeg

upload_2019-9-21_7-12-51.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-21_7-11-47.jpeg
    upload_2019-9-21_7-11-47.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A decent 5.6 this morning. Yesterday BS stayed in the mid 4s and 5s all day so really pleased with that.

The double cream experiment is going well. As well as the good BS I have lost 2lb this week - it feels like all of it from around my waist. I had put on 5lb in the last 2 months so hopefully it will just melt away now with double cream under control and I will go back to normal weight.

Just had a thought - with normal weight and normal BS am I now truly normal - or just normal for Norfolk.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A warm Autumnal good morning to you all and a 5.3 greeted me after a very broken nights sleep.

Yesterday evening I had my first Gin and Tonic since my diagnosis, enjoyed whilst sitting watching a warm sinking sun at my sons cottage in the Dove Valley, simple pleasures of life to be savoured.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dr unwin actually said at the x-pert health conference that the HCPs wont be able to give rubbish advice much longer as the libre is here
I won't hold my breath Debs...T2's are rarely allowed testing strips on prescription much less a Libre...many cannot afford to fund the strips & meter so the Libre is way out of their financial reach... as much as I want to I cannot agree with Dr Unwin on that point...it sounds great but the practical reality is a long way off unfortunately.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...after five days of puppy sitting I am exhausted...Frankie is fun engaging & full of life nonetheless he is exhausting 'Daddy' is coming to collect him this morning...what will I do without him? there will be no one to protect me from the postman...the leaves blowing in the garden...the poor cat trying to sneak into his regular sleeping spot...my neighbour opening his front door...the Amazon delivery...he is small but barks ferociously at all of them ooh the list is endless...bless him...looking forward to my own bed tonight & not sharing it with the 'foot monster' who seizes on any movement at bedtime (my poor feet)...coffee is so very welcome & more to follow...woke to a 6.2

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@karen8967 glad to see your bg starts the day so well - enjoy your weekend. @Krystyna23040 all good news from the weight and bg front. You are indeed normal for everywhere - says the man from the land of webbed feet and green wellies. @Muddy Cyclist broken night's sleep not good but bg and simple pleasures all spiffing. @dunelm yesterday, those pictures, your fbg and the plan for today all appear perfect for you - enjoy. 5.7 for me today - not good but appears to be linked to medication following the August problems - a known side effect is to raise IR. @Debandez thanks for the hint re libre. It is a route I may go down, once I have had all the feedback from the recent op and the long term implications. Probably self fund and definitely at different points of the year to enable a fuller picture. In the meantime, it is sunny and an amazing day of sport for me to enjoy.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3 at 6:30

So, a little up on the 5.5 of yesterday morning.

I did wake up in the night at 3am, was wide awake, so did some online research I had to do, and then went back to sleep at 4am. I only had water with lemon juice to drink. But at 4am before I went back to sleep, I did take a blood sugar reading and it was 5.6 at 4 am.

So that first one of 5.6 might have been my true fbg?

Yesterday morning, that lowest blood glucose reading of 5.6 did worry me because in all the time of taking these readings I have never been in a 'normal' blood sugar range. It worried me a lot because it was scary that I could get to that decent reading just by the way I eat.

So, my question to myself was 'what could I expect from my glucose readings over the period of 24 hours? And how do I keep it within a 'safe' range?'

I wanted and needed a projection trajectory of possible estimated readings for the next so many hours. But all I could find was basic info online which to me was useless. I wanted to know what to expect, and also to go further I wanted to know what to expect from the food I had eaten.

Finally I gave up online, nothing led me to what I wanted. So I went on IOS apps, and several cropped up. I thought I was going to have to try a few, but the first one I chose appeared to have what I wanted.

There are several categories you can enter info in, but I am keeping it very simple so I know I will keep this collection of data up. (I do have an absolute utter aversion to collecting and analysing data - it's something from my past.) For the moment I am only entering data in 2 categories - food which is entered as carbs, and my blood sugar readings.

I already use a simple picture app for collecting data on the food I eat. It suits me because I am very much a picture/visual person. So I take the carb reading from that app (when I got the app, I only got it because the title was I think, Stupid Simple Keto, I am not Keto, but LCHF but it has an easy picture system of adding data, and then I put the carbs from that into this new One Drop app I am using.

I couldn't really see how it could be accurate in its future projections over the next few hours on what my blood sugars could be. But I was willing to try. The app didn't cost anything and I only had one advert crop up in the many times I used it yesterday and in the night, it wasn't a moving picture (if it had been, the app would've been deleted immediately because I hate those unexpected inappropriate to me moving picture ads, but I don't mind deleting a still picture with an X on it.)

I am not sure how to write the next bit precisely statistically, but the app is pretty accurate in its future projections to within plus or minus something. In simple words, for me to explain, the hourly future projections are no more than plus (+) .5 out. They have never been minus (-) .anything yet.

On that confusing note I will leave you because cat is mithering me for breakfast. He has already batted the iPad with his paws....

Have a good day.
Take care
>^..^<

I will come back to edit this post for typos after I have dealt with this insistent cat, because he is very liable to delete this post and has just started demolishing my feather pillows...

Reactions: HarryBeau

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3 at 6:30

So, a little up on the 5.5 of yesterday morning.

I did wake up in the night at 3am, was wide awake, so did some online research I had to do, and then went back to sleep at 4am. I only had water with lemon juice to drink. But at 4am before I went back to sleep, I did take a blood sugar reading and it was 5.6 at 4 am.

So that first one of 5.6 might have been my true fbg?

Yesterday morning, that lowest blood glucose reading of 5.6 did worry me because in all the time of taking these readings I have never been in a 'normal' blood sugar range. It worried me a lot because it was scary that I could get to that decent reading just by the way I eat.

So, my question to myself was 'what could I expect from my glucose readings over the period of 24 hours? And how do I keep it within a 'safe' range?'

I wanted and needed a projection trajectory of possible estimated readings for the next so many hours. But all I could find was basic info online which to me was useless. I wanted to know what to expect, and also to go further I wanted to know what to expect from the food I had eaten.

Finally I gave up online, nothing led me to what I wanted. So I went on IOS apps, and several cropped up. I thought I was going to have to try a few, but the first one I chose appeared to have what I wanted.

There are several categories you can enter info in, but I am keeping it very simple so I know I will keep this collection of data up. (I do have an absolute utter aversion to collecting and analysing data - it's something from my past.) For the moment I am only entering data in 2 categories - food which is entered as carbs, and my blood sugar readings.

I already use a simple picture app for collecting data on the food I eat. It suits me because I am very much a picture/visual person. So I take the carb reading from that app (when I got the app, I only got it because the title was I think, Stupid Simple Keto, I am not Keto, but LCHF but it has an easy picture system of adding data, and then I put the carbs from that into this new One Drop app I am using.

I couldn't really see how it could be accurate in its future projections over the next few hours on what my blood sugars could be. But I was willing to try. The app didn't cost anything and I only had one advert crop up in the many times I used it yesterday and in the night, it wasn't a moving picture (if it had been, the app would've been deleted immediately because I hate those unexpected inappropriate to me moving picture ads, but I don't mind deleting a still picture with an X on it.)

I am not sure how to write the next bit precisely statistically, but the app is pretty accurate in its future projections to within plus or minus something. In simple words, for me to explain, the hourly future projections are no more than plus (+) .5 out. They have never been minus (-) .anything yet.

On that confusing note I will leave you because cat is mithering me for breakfast. He has already batted the iPad with his paws....

Have a good day.
Take care
>^..^<

I will come back to edit this post for typos after I have dealt with this insistent cat, because he is very liable to delete this post and has just started demolishing my feather pillows...
Wow. Anyone as dedicated as you you to learning all they can about taming this beast deserves all the success you are having. Enjoy a great day in your garden/ studio? and with your cat.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Awake nearly all night. But decided to stay in bed until gone 4 am.

Just done my fasting blood glucose.
Shock. For me.
I have never had a reading as low as the 5’s yet. In four years (?) of taking readings.

It appears to be mainly the very low carbs (under 20 carbs) that is doing it. Probably a few other lifestyle things help too.

A friend had a car accident yesterday on the way to our art group. The person in front of her suddenly did a dead stop, as she was turning left but didn’t indicate. So friend’s bonnet was concertina’d. Her’s was a brand new car. The other car was an old car and very little damage on the boot. A couple of dents. Friend took photos. Also it was obvious from friend’s photos one of this person’s back tyres was low.

It happened at turn we all at the art group take in our cars to get to art group. So it could have happened to any one of us.

Friend was okay. Obviously badly shocked. So art group didn’t exactly take place for art. And driving home, I am uncomfortably very aware of the other cars on the road. I just went to sleep a few hours when I got home. Maybe that is part why I couldn’t sleep last night. I don’t have to go out today, so cat Popeye will ‘make’ me catch up on sleep.

I suppose I was thinking, and we all were at art group as well, how things can change in an instant.

There are clear night skies, and sprinkled stars out there. Sun is supposed to be blazing again like yesterday, so I am going to make a coffee now and go and sit on my thatched swing when it is dawn. Actually I might go out now. There is little light pollution here, and I love watching the night sky.

Have a good day.
How awful. So glad it wasn't worse and that you are both ok!!