Newbie to forum.

Tankie1rtr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals, and Ignorance
With respect you do not appear to have addressed the real medical issue causing your diabetes, insulin resistance. The meds you have been taking will only keep you bsl stable for a while, but sooner or later your condition will deteriorate. T2D is not incurable. We now know it is a lifestyle choice and if you want that condition to go into remission you need to drastically change your diet. Everything you appear to be eating is carbs i.e. sugar. You need to move on to a paleo or Keto diet. Because you are already on insulin, you need to do this whilst been regularly monitored to ensure your insulin dose is adjusted as your sugar intake is reduced. Once you are off sugar you will learn that ketones are your friend and your body will learn to rely on them for fuel rather than sugar.
Hi aealexandrou. Sorry for the late reply. I cannot tel you the reason why I have diabetes as I have never been told myself, I have posted a long post to DCUKMod. If you have a read I have told him what I know.
Thanks
Tankie

Tankie1rtr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Guys. I just wanted to point out that for 10 yrs my HBA1C has been wonderful and the doctors have been really pleased at the way it has been, It only seems since I had my accident (I snapped my Achilles Tendon) that my bloods have gone all over the place, (I had to take an injection to stop me getting a blood clot) I am eating exactly the same diet as I always have. so cannot understand whats happened.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I tell myself that my diabetes is the flaw in the diamond.
I am only getting better as time goes on and I benefit from the diet which keeps me in the normal blood glucose range after eating, and almost normal Hba1c when I get it tested.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just to clarify - the 'normal' menu you list - cornflakes, sandwich and potato are not part of my intake.
They are high carb foods, which are being stashed away by the insulin once they are digested.
Many type twos start off using diet to control their day to day blood glucose, along with some exercise. You exercised a lot, right up until you could not, and so you coped with all those 'healthy' carbohydrates we are told we need to eat.
For almost two years before diagnosis I was on a 'cholesterol lowering' diet which was high carb - made me feel really bad, and I put on shedloads of fat. I am slowly reversing that as I feel a lot more energetic, but it is the diet rather than exercise which is pushing things in the right direction. My knees are pretty bad from trying to do just ordinary things at a ridiculously high weight - I had an equator rather than a waist.

Reactions: jjraak

Federico 1

I Decided To Join This Forum
I Am A Type 2 Diabetic
My A1C Is Normal Around 6.4
I Have A lot Of Nerve Damage In My Legs @ Feet . I Also Have High Blood Pressure .
Looking For Advice Tips ,Maybe Possibly Help Someone In The Process
Sincerely
Christopher

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I Decided To Join This Forum
I Am A Type 2 Diabetic
My A1C Is Normal Around 6.4
I Have A lot Of Nerve Damage In My Legs @ Feet . I Also Have High Blood Pressure .
Looking For Advice Tips ,Maybe Possibly Help Someone In The Process
Sincerely
Christopher
Hello @Federico 1 , and welcome to the forum!
You've posted your introduction in answer to someone elses question. I'm sure you would get more answers if you made it a thread of your own.
To do that, select 'Forums', then select the forum you want to post in, for instance 'Greetings and Introductions' or 'Ask a Question' and then press the green button that says 'Post new Thread'.

If it doesn't work out, just react here again and we'll help you out or do it for you :)
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachox

Tankie1rtr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
UPDATE.... First of all, I would like to thank everybody who replied to my initial post, and bring you all up to date with what has gone on. I have drastically changed my diet like some of the guys advised, I have virtually given up Carbs, I used to have Corn Flakes for breakfast, without sugar, and a Sandwich for Lunch and probably some bread with my evening meal and potatoes ect, now i have boiled eggs for breakfast, and very light for my luch and evening meal, now my bloody glucose reading stay at between 6 and 7 and after a meal go no higher than 9. so I am well chuffed, I went to see the doctor but they re as much use as a chocolate fireguard. so once again, Thank You my friends. Health Wishes to all.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
UPDATE.... First of all, I would like to thank everybody who replied to my initial post, and bring you all up to date with what has gone on. I have drastically changed my diet like some of the guys advised, I have virtually given up Carbs, I used to have Corn Flakes for breakfast, without sugar, and a Sandwich for Lunch and probably some bread with my evening meal and potatoes ect, now i have boiled eggs for breakfast, and very light for my luch and evening meal, now my bloody glucose reading stay at between 6 and 7 and after a meal go no higher than 9. so I am well chuffed, I went to see the doctor but they re as much use as a chocolate fireguard. so once again, Thank You my friends. Health Wishes to all.

Hi Tankie,
I am so pleased to hear that you have made progress in stabilising your Blood Glucose levels.
I too have boiled eggs for breakfast (2 of them). Before I found this forum I used to eat porridge and even though that is much slower to turn into sugar, it still scares me when I even try 1/4 the amount I used to have (now that I can measure the effect with my meter).

Unfortunately all over the world the advice from the average doctor will make a Type 2 diabetic slowly get more and more heavy and more and more sick. I am fortunate that although I had been pre-diabetic for years , bordering on diabetic, once I got the bad news I found this forum and thus found how it really should be treated.

You are in a difficult position regarding your Insulin, I hope that you can at least get your doctor to advise on the correct dose to match your new diet. Too many tell patients just yo eat enough carbs so as to balance the effect of the Insulin - as though the Insulin was the problem and the carbs were the medicine! That is just crazy because for a Type 2 Diabetic, the Carbs are the problem and the medicine dose needs to match wat is needed by the diet.

Good Luck,
Ian

Tankie1rtr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi Tankie,
I am so pleased to hear that you have made progress in stabilising your Blood Glucose levels.
I too have boiled eggs for breakfast (2 of them). Before I found this forum I used to eat porridge and even though that is much slower to turn into sugar, it still scares me when I even try 1/4 the amount I used to have (now that I can measure the effect with my meter).

Unfortunately all over the world the advice from the average doctor will make a Type 2 diabetic slowly get more and more heavy and more and more sick. I am fortunate that although I had been pre-diabetic for years , bordering on diabetic, once I got the bad news I found this forum and thus found how it really should be treated.

You are in a difficult position regarding your Insulin, I hope that you can at least get your doctor to advise on the correct dose to match your new diet. Too many tell patients just yo eat enough carbs so as to balance the effect of the Insulin - as though the Insulin was the problem and the carbs were the medicine! That is just crazy because for a Type 2 Diabetic, the Carbs are the problem and the medicine dose needs to match wat is needed by the diet.

Good Luck,
Ian
Ian. Thank you for your post, much appreciated. Yes it is hard when the doctors dont seem to have an idea of what a type 2 diabetic is going through, I think that because they cannot see an injury or not pic up any symptoms of an illness, they seem to think there is nothing wrong, so they just poo poo it. I went to see a doctor and told her i want it sorting out, after explaining everything she seemed to have no idea and just asked me questions that she had asked me earlier, we were just going round and round, anyhow my bloods are stabilising now and read 6.5 to 7.4 and after a meal may go to 9.6 or a tad higher, so I am happy with that, they took a bit of a dive last night but I had had too much veg and not enough carbs. so I had to have 3 dextrose tablets as it dropped to 3.6. when i had gone to bed. a bit high this afternoon as I weakened and had a home made sausage roll, so its at 11.1 at the moment, I am due to take my Insulin at 18:30 thats in 10 minutes, so it should be ok later, tonight it is a small home made shepherds pie and a plate of Sprouts, so it should level off later. Great to see you n the site and I hope your diabetes is being kind to you. Health wishes. Tankie