Success At Local Surgery

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe Deb placed a copy in one of her posts?
Thanks, @Listlad, but as @Debandez has made 2704 posts to date, a link to the relevant one would be really helpful. That would give more of us a chance to be able to share with surgeries.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Of you don't mind PM'ing your email to me I can send to you. I have added screen shots before not not quite the same.
Thanks, but I don’t share emails here.
I thought there might be a link to electronic copy.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, but I don’t share emails here.
I thought there might be a link to electronic copy.
I'm not very techy unfortunately. It's on my Google drive. 4 page doc. Any ideas?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Listlad.. It's 430 am..WHY are we all up at this godforsaken hour ?

Off topic..back on Track .
Move along ..nothing to see here

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, @Listlad, but as @Debandez has made 2704 posts to date, a link to the relevant one would be really helpful. That would give more of us a chance to be able to share with surgeries.
I was just about to get some sleep for an early start in the morning and wasn’t sure where it was posted or what form it took. If it is a pdf file or similar it looks as if it can be easily uploaded under the “Upload File” button.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Listlad . Debandez and jjraak are looking for a solution.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the issue with uploading it direct to a post in the forum maybe a file size issue, I don’t know what the size limit is but i know I’ve had to resize some pictures to upload them. Resizing a leaflet might become an issue when you try to print it and it ends up tiny in the corner of an a4 page, or pixelated to the point of unreadable.

Edit: not trying to add to the already busy workload especially as I know there’s forum maintenance ongoing, but I wonder if @DCUKMod would know a way round this?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Save each page as a separate pdf?

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the issue with uploading it direct to a post in the forum maybe a file size issue, I don’t know what the size limit is but i know I’ve had to resize some pictures to upload them. Resizing a leaflet might become an issue when you try to print it and it ends up tiny in the corner of an a4 page, or pixelated to the point of unreadable.

Edit: not trying to add to the already busy workload especially as I know there’s forum maintenance ongoing, but I wonder if @DCUKMod would know a way round this?

The file size limit is 1 mb, as illustrated here:

upload_2019-9-20_20-39-18.png

I don't want to seem flippant, but whilst there are many ways like sharing links on various file storage/sharing applications, I would not want to be encouraging that, as (as a general point - not speaking about specific members here) we don't really know members and what they might be up to off-site. Sadly, not everyone who joins this site does so with the aims or integrity we might hope for.

Of course members can decide for themselves if they share personal information to allow faile sharing, but that can never be on open forum for their safety and security.

We should also remember this forum can be read by anyone, whether they are a member or now.

Reactions: Grannypat

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So we have spotted, well my local GP Administrator has spotted a Surgery in Morecambe that posts Dr David Unwin and LCHF stuff on Facebook. They also do a drop in session periodically where the LCHF approach is recommended.

Another snippet of good news is that this Administrator is following @Debandez as a matter of routine now and keeping Deb in the loop on this and that. It doesn’t sound very much but it’s all good progress.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So we have spotted, well my local GP Administrator has spotted a Surgery in Morecambe that posts Dr David Unwin and LCHF stuff on Facebook. They also do a drop in session periodically where the LCHF approach is recommended.

Another snippet of good news is that this Administrator is following @Debandez as a matter of routine now and keeping Deb in the loop on this and that. It doesn’t sound very much but it’s all good progress.

It is all good in my book. I'm on the same Facebook pages now too. In fact I'm on so.many different forums now it's becoming a full time job just to keep up. Good job hubby is so supportive!!

I was contacted via Twitter yesterday by a GP who wants to do an interview with me. I've tried to get a copy.of the presentation I did last week at west primary care network integration workshop but the gentleman who filmed is away in USA til 8th Oct so maybe facetime an option as this dr is in northern Ireland. Every little helps. What is becoming ever apparent is the frustration HCPs are feeling with current guidelines!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is all good in my book. I'm on the same Facebook pages now too. In fact I'm on so.many different forums now it's becoming a full time job just to keep up. Good job hubby is so supportive!!

I was contacted via Twitter yesterday by a GP who wants to do an interview with me. I've tried to get a copy.of the presentation I did last week at west primary care network integration workshop but the gentleman who filmed is away in USA til 8th Oct so maybe facetime an option as this dr is in northern Ireland. Every little helps. What is becoming ever apparent is the frustration HCPs are feeling with current guidelines!
Norn Irn. Yes a bit of a trek to say the least, though I did visit there just a few years ago and enjoyed the region. FaceTime or Skype would work. I use both for work purposes.

You seemed to have unleashed a genie from the lamp, Deb (just been watching Aladdin with the family) . I can see the workload has accelerated too.

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Norn Irn. Yes a bit of a trek to say the least, though I did visit there just a few years ago and enjoyed the region. FaceTime or Skype would work. I use both for work purposes.

You seemed to have unleashed a genie from the lamp, Deb (just been watching Aladdin with the family) . I can see the workload has accelerated too.

I would love to go to Belfast if only to see the Titanic museum. But fttb Skype maybe the solution to doing this interview.

Yes it is all go but best to run with it and keep the heat on I feel. We are all playing a part. It does feel like a team effort dont you think. And what a great team.

I love Aladdin. This week we watched Up with our granddaughter. Magic too.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Low Carb Group, in fact on 21st October at 2 to 3.30pm.

Reactions: Debandez

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My progress: finally they had a ppg meeting and I attended and asked about low carb/peer support for patients. No such groups but it will be raised internally. No clinical staff present only admin and apparently that’s normal. The following day I got accepted onto phc so once I’ve done that training in a few weeks I’ll have better prep to push things forward. The plan long term is a surgery (part of a group) supported local low carb group for t2 and also hcp eduction for the group. My surgery isn’t anti low carb but seem to have a limited view of its application (newly diagnosed, low diabetic readings only was my takeaway from an appointment today).

I’ve never done anything like this before but I’m determined. So if anyone has any advice going forward then please pm me as at this point I’m driving blindfolded.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Low Carb Group, in fact on 21st October at 2 to 3.30pm.
I've got a Manchester one pencilled in on that date! My diary is getting so full of meetings I want to go to! Which tells me one thing for sure. Low carb groups are popping up all over! Brilliant.

Reactions: Listlad and ringi