Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
I’ve tried to upload an image of this afternoon’s daub but once again I’m told the file’s too big. You’ll just have to use your imaginations o_O:D;)

Reactions: MeiChanski

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Today has been fantastic, BGs have been stable all day. Good gosh I’ve been waiting for it, it’s been erratic for the last few days. I got some heat off my chest with my therapist, she is indeed lovely. I’m currently feeling girlie and I would like an unicorn sticker for Dobby because Dobby will be a sassy robot. I got some alcohol wipes, glucose tablets and antibacterial wipes for the kit. I’m not too sure on skin application products like skintac. I’ve been educating bf about it, I told him about the insulin involvement - only fast acting and the risks of DKA if pump fails, bad sites, bent cannula etc. I also said “you can’t divorce me if Dobby makes a demonic screech for sensing a low”.

Reactions: Marie 2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Happy Birthday @Fairygodmother

Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
I've never liked rollercoasters. A unit of insulin dropped me 2-3 mmol/l today instead of 1 mmol/l. What a crazy day.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've never liked rollercoasters. A unit of insulin dropped me 2-3 mmol/l today instead of 1 mmol/l. What a crazy day.
3.0mmol/L is what I drop with 1u at my most resistant time of day. Thank heavens for the Novopen Echo and its half units.

I've also had a reasonable day levels wise. Only one minor excursion upwards in the morning and managed to ace a fish finger butty at lunch. Yum.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Happy Birthday @Fairygodmother

Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!
Thank you, love the colours!

Reactions: Marie 2

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tegaderm, vetwrap, a cut off sock around your arm, lots of band-aids, clean out those cupboards and secure it!
Good luck!
Kinaesthology tape does a good job too. Don’t trust my spelling of it though, just back from a happy supper:)

Reactions: MeiChanski

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Late to the party but hope you've had a fab day @Fairygodmother and you've every right to extend this birthday fo as long as poaaible - how about until....until....well, why not until the next one!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thank you @hh1 and @becca59, I have, I’ve had a very lovely day. Out on a boat tomorrow to see if there are seals about: the good times continue, and the weather forecast’s for sun.

Reactions: hh1

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So, have cousin to stay for the weekend. Lots of chatting and laughing. Let myself go food and alcohol wise. It was really enjoyable. Went to bed on good numbers. Woke at 1 with a 9 so took a unit. Woke up at 5 on 17.5 now sat waiting for it to come down before brekkie. Think I will have to reign myself in tonight! And there you have it, people without this condition just do that sort of thing regularly. Us, it’s all monitoring and guilt. Hey ho, onwards and hopefully not upwards, but nice and level.

@Manfer87 Interesting! Not something that Abbott mentions in their literature. Anyway, hope you have it firmly resting on your arm and are enjoying scanning and seeing all the results.

Enjoy the last of this beautiful sunny spell everyone whatever your plans.

Reactions: hh1 and karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! On the train to Cardiff for the 999 Emergency Services day, I’m helping on the Ambulance Service stand. No idea what I’m supposed to be actually DOING, but I have my trauma shears clipped to my belt just in case. Also useful for opening Amazon parcels (other online shopping services are available).

Great gig last night, Trials of Cato supported by a band called Ofelia. Was in a converted chapel, and utterly brilliant. Chap behind me was clutching his chest and grimacing a kit, so my special teacher’s “eye in the back of my head” was keeping an eye on him too. His wife said he’d had some heart issues. You never switch off, I guess.

Bloods ok, the odd pop into the sevens but pretty much in range. Elvis is getting the hang of it.

Have a wonderful day friends ❤️