Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg
Noooooo
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago
Waiting for delivery
Cant believe theres a new and presumably better version out. I'm gutted.

Reactions: porl69

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the MiaoMiao2 work with the Freestyle Libre (v1), or does it only work with the version 2?

Here's a handy table from the FAQ on the MiaoMiao website showing the current state of play:

MM2_apps.png

tirstyy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey, sorta new here. First post anyways...

I was thinking of purchasing the original miaomiao since I'm a new mum and when feeding our wee girl it's not the easiest to scan libre sensor. Also, whilst playing with her I can forget to scan which results in lows/highs that could be prevented.

So long story short, if you guys that have ordered the miaomiao 2 could give your thoughts that would be amazing!
Thanks in advance!

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was close to buying the miaomiao 2, already have the miaomiao 1. But looking in more detail, although it is smaller, the thickness profile is the same. My biggest 'issue' if I can call it that, it the thickness of the device on top of the libre and the miaomiao 2 has the same thickness (7.5mm).

So i'll probably stick with the 1st one. Now with the price drop its a good deal, I bought it initially at $199.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@Muneeb I love the MM1 and with the upgrade coming for it soon I will not be buying the MM2. I will not upgrade until I start on the Libre 2, which I believe will be around the middle of next year possibly?

Reactions: Muneeb

Muneeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Muneeb I love the MM1 and with the upgrade coming for it soon I will not be buying the MM2. I will not upgrade until I start on the Libre 2, which I believe will be around the middle of next year possibly?

The miaomiao 1 will also work with libre 2, so no need to buy it especially for that. TBH with a miaomiao, I don't see any benefit of the libre 2 as it only gives high/low alerts, but you can get them anyway with miaomiao.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I have been reading a lot of posts on social media about the MM2. It seems that the battery is quite a preoblem with them. I can get 4 weeks out of my MM1 with no worries, it seems that people are having to charge there MM2 after 7-10 days! That is pretty poor in my eyes.....