DANCE WITH ME!

angustia

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Winter-time in Canada it's hard to be outdoors for brisk walks, so I had to do something in order to keep myself exercising. The last thing we need is slipping and falling down on ice, that we are unable to do any activities for several weeks.

Dancercise/aerobics (free dancing) with a planned set of music really helps a lot to make it enjoyable and
not boring.
I'm sharing the sets I'm using (from warm up to cool down) - music videos from youtube!

As a precaution, please consult with your doctor if it's okay for you to do this.

The warm ups are mostly taken from another walking video (indoor walking - which I also recommend).
I used the "walk, walk" by Leslie Sansone."

Every now and then, I go back doing her videos just so to break the monotony.
You can modify your own movements from high to low impact. The important thing is to keep moving.

For those who dance to music - please share yours too. Thanks.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

With regards to slipping on ice. Try cutting the toes of old socks (like leg warmers?) then slipping the tubed material over the tread of the shoe... It may look like you broke your foot, but the fabric will have some great grip on ice..

Reactions: angustia

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dancing takes all forms.. An expression & celebration of life.

Don't be fooled (as a casual onlooker.) by apparent "violence." It's all about someone helping you up if you fall down.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Winter-time in Canada it's hard to be outdoors for brisk walks, so I had to do something in order to keep myself exercising. The last thing we need is slipping and falling down on ice, that we are unable to do any activities for several weeks.

Dancercise/aerobics (free dancing) with a planned set of music really helps a lot to make it enjoyable and
not boring.
I'm sharing the sets I'm using (from warm up to cool down) - music videos from youtube!

As a precaution, please consult with your doctor if it's okay for you to do this.

The warm ups are mostly taken from another walking video (indoor walking - which I also recommend).
I used the "walk, walk" by Leslie Sansone."

Every now and then, I go back doing her videos just so to break the monotony.
You can modify your own movements from high to low impact. The important thing is to keep moving.

For those who dance to music - please share yours too. Thanks.

Hi and thank you for sharing this, I love music and I do dance along to many a good tune :happy: but making sure I reduce my Insulin dose before hand.
Happy dancing :)

Reactions: angustia