Obesity Still A Dominant Risk Factor for Diabetes Despite Good Genes

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Talking about the as yet undiagnosed population, I would like to get Mrs Listlad in for a range of blood tests. I would dearly love to see what kind of HbA1c she generates, given her diet.

Last edited:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What about the theory of damaged DNA?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally - I suspect that if not exposed to doctors and nurses hammering on about cholesterol and the need for starchy foods I'd never have deviated from the low carb diet I ate in my youth. That was when I wore skirts which these days would make a nice handbag.
Why any adult with a 24 inch waist would be told they need to go on a diet I do not know - yes I was overweight for my height, I was quite muscular and very active and athletic.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I find it very informative the moment anyone claims that obesity is the risk factor, rather than the result of insulinaemia.
It demonstrates to me that they don’t understand the subject, and are missing key pieces of the puzzle.

Of course, it is very sad when tens of thousands of pounds have been spent on research into the subject, or where the results of the research have been so misunderstood that the Conclusion rambles about obesity instead of looking deeper.

However, it does save me wasting time and effort reading the research details, and it makes it very easy to ignore the research in its entirety.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, it does save me wasting time and effort reading the research details, and it makes it very easy to ignore the research in its entirety.
That doesn't sound like keeping an open mind and weighing up the evidence.

Reactions: alienskin

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That doesn't sound like keeping an open mind and weighing up the evidence.

I am totally open to people doing good quality research and communicating well and accurately - which I will cheerfully read and weigh to the best of my ability.

When research like that isn’t available, I am also totally open to finding a more useful way to spend my time than ploughing through misleading and uninformed misinformation.

Reactions: KK123