ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
Had a great calm weekend on my Libre. The workweek sure is a lot messier. Hopefully, it will be third week back at work lucky. Have a great week everyone

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, I guess when they start training, I’ll ask about a safe spot for hypo treatments and storing my belongings.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IMG_8935.jpg

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Had a great calm weekend on my Libre. The workweek sure is a lot messier. Hopefully, it will be third week back at work lucky. Have a great week everyone

Hi @ert I am the exact opposite from you. When I am in a routine, getting up at same time for work, driving there then home then usually a night with TV, my BG are fairly steady. At weekends though I dont have a routine and do different things, walking, birdwatching going to shops eating at different times my BG are so much harder to control

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thank you, I guess when they start training, I’ll ask about a safe spot for hypo treatments and storing my belongings.
Under the Equalities Act 2010 they have to make “reasonable adjustments” - so you’d be able to request things like carrying your hypo treatment and scanner/phone as part of that. If you need regular mealtimes, they’d have to try and accommodate that.

Reactions: MeiChanski

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Evening all, hope you're all well. I can see lots of things happening, lots of learning and doing, birthdays and choc scoffing and loads more. It's hard to take it all in after 2 weeks away. Another mini tour, France, Germany Austria, Hungary and that was magic. Thermal stinky bath in Lake Heviz was weirdly sublime and is supposed to be good for all sorts of body probs...... not T1 though. Madam BG was remarkably cool, a tadge high but mainly tween 7-9. Manic drivers but coped well and Mr B as navigator was spot on.
Hope the autumn equinox on Monday is sunny. I really don't like low light levels

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Under the Equalities Act 2010 they have to make “reasonable adjustments” - so you’d be able to request things like carrying your hypo treatment and scanner/phone as part of that. If you need regular mealtimes, they’d have to try and accommodate that.
Thank you, Mel, should I get that printed on the back of shirts? :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, manager hasn't got back to me, so I guess I won't be going in tomorrow until I get a confirmation. This evening we had silken tofu soup noodles and my bf didn't like the tofu, so I inhaled the entire container of tofu. More for me, right? :hilarious:

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Could I ask is it possible to use penfill cartridges to fill your pumps up? or does it have to be vials? I was thinking if penfill cartridges does the job, it'll be versatile for both my pens and future pump. Does insulin spoil if you don't use the entire vial up?

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening fellow T1’s and all others who join us here.
Just been watching Gareth Thomas HIV and Me on catch up tv.
A massive rugby fan. Leicester and England, watching a Welsh rugby player on telly would usually be of passing interest.
But this is ..rugby... and we are all one big family off the pitch.
What a brilliant programme. What a fantastic insight. What an absolutely brilliant guy.
Nothing but admiration for him.
It felt like his journey in some aspects mirrored the journey some of us travel or have travelled with being T1 diabetics.

Apart from that the only other thing of note at the moment is the feeling that I have just stumbled upon the most potent vial of Lantus ever produced. At least I’m having an unexpected feast currently :). May need to knock a few units back tomorrow. Hypos get a tad tiresome after a while.

Reactions: Japes and Manfer87

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Could I ask is it possible to use penfill cartridges to fill your pumps up? or does it have to be vials? I was thinking if penfill cartridges does the job, it'll be versatile for both my pens and future pump. Does insulin spoil if you don't use the entire vial up?
You can hoover insulin out of any container you happen to have some in. I emptied a few pens that were close to their date last week. Same rules apply, it’s fine for a month at room temp.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You can hoover insulin out of any container you happen to have some in. I emptied a few pens that were close to their date last week. Same rules apply, it’s fine for a month at room temp.

So a prescription change is not needed, like I can ask to keep how things are minus the libre? I’ve seen most people use vials and I was wondering what about penfills but thanks for your confirmation, Mel. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Okay, manager got back to me quite late. She wants me in on Thursday - Friday for 4 hours, no mention of a contact or dress code. I feel like Friday would be the worst day for a novice waitress like me, but we're are marching in with confidence. :hilarious:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
So a prescription change is not needed, like I can ask to keep how things are minus the libre? I’ve seen most people use vials and I was wondering what about penfills but thanks for your confirmation, Mel. :)
They’ll change you to 10ml vials but you can use up stuff you have already. Your consultant will write to your GP with updated prescription requests.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I just want to clarify, while they have to let you look at your phone or scanner to see your BG levels, customers will not know what you are doing. When you rely on tips, you want your customers to think you are being attentive to them and not to what they would probably perceive as being attentive to personal friends by looking at a phone. Which is why I said be discreet about it.

Reactions: MeiChanski

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, full-on weekend preparing for and helping run an open day in our local (relatively) new wood. A real shame the weather didn't hold for Sunday but we did get some sunshine and a reasonable turn-out considering. Mattie went to friends during the day and had a wonderful time, especially with one of her dog friends, an extraordinary 9 month old whippet/saluki cross who's fabulous to look at with the longests legs ever. Not sure which of us was more tired at the end of the day! Mine was a bit rubbish as pretty low hypo halfway through dinner; thought I'd managed it by bedtime then woke up at 4am on a 13 something. Corrected and woke this morning on 5.6 so hopefully okay for the day.

Hope you all had good weekends and have a good Monday whatever you're up to.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Apart from that the only other thing of note at the moment is the feeling that I have just stumbled upon the most potent vial of Lantus ever produced. At least I’m having an unexpected feast currently :). May need to knock a few units back tomorrow. Hypos get a tad tiresome after a while.

cartridges were getting near the end and I think had lost a bit of potency - both pens have now been changed and I cautiously knocked the novorapid back one for breakfast this morning.

Another glorious saturday morning at my daughters football, and they drew 1-1 - a tight game and very frustrating to watch, then went and had a look at a couple of cars, wifes car is in need of replacing......we might make a decision by end of next year at this rate! BBQ saturday evening (had to make the most of the last bit of 'summer') - Sunday didn't do a lot, cooked breakfast, dog walk, internet car browsing, wifes friend came around and she can chat for England (well Wales really as she's Welsh), watched F1 in peace as daughter needed picking up from swimming and then the 3 girls went shopping and dog walking while it was on, cooked dinner, ate, drank, spent nice evening all together, then dog walk and bed basically. And as I said BGs were a bit on the high side.

Reactions: hh1 and porl69

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im off for a mri brain scan later due to headaches and constant cotton woolly feeling in head blood tests came back inconclusive its my diabetes consultant who is sending me as i have only been suffering this since diagnosis maybe coincidence maybe not just want to get to the bottom of it :(