What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG me too! @SaskiaKC is my soul mate!

Ohmygoodness thank you for saying that. Especially today, when I've just come home from the grocery store feeling battered ... yes. Only a soulmate would get the timing for that.

Y'all are making me feel very good, and more so than I deserve ...

2a4fc4c2dd1c4cea7c27853b49564c93--disney-girls-disney-fan.jpg

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ohmygoodness thank you for saying that. Especially today, when I've just come home from the grocery store feeling battered ... yes. Only a soulmate would get the timing for that.

Y'all are making me feel very good, and more so than I deserve ...

2a4fc4c2dd1c4cea7c27853b49564c93--disney-girls-disney-fan.jpg
Epic pic.

Reactions: gennepher

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
welcome back @PenguinMum ..:D
hope the hols was a perfect tomic.

sorry the girls are skittish, sure both will settle down once your back around an they settle into there normal routine.

Bg this am..5.4.

an interesting day.

events unfurled in a rather haphazard way today and left me a tad perturbed.

link here explains most of it.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/no-registration-needed-to-view-and-search-forum.168454/

suffice to say, my bad for being so naive..

i simply trusted too much, and in particular the item of my counselling was a matter i agonised over before posting
(glad i want, regret posting about it )
ok posting it up for you guys, not sure i want strangers who just pass by the forum rifling through all my posts and Most definitely DO NOT want those post appearing as a humorous posting on facebook, when i alone should be the arbiter of telling family and friends WHEN i am ready, that i had some mental issues that i needed help with.
(yes, yes i know, i shouldn't feel ashamed or awkward, you are so right but it is how I feel, and isn't that down to me to decide ? )

am currently in the process of going over my old posts and deleting those i feel give too much of me away.
the avatar has gone and i may leave.

it's only to start again under a new avatar or perhaps once my mind settles simply under another name,
but i fail to see how that solves the trust issue i now have with the forum.

On the forum i found hope and kindness,
but on here i also found friendship...so most grateful indeed.

so will not willing throw that way, but i DO need to plan a strategy that resolves this nagging concern with my privacy V the willingness to post openly and honestly.
but if i am honest, i fear the latter will lose.

i will update as i can, for now i am still here, happy bathing in your your own joyous experiences and offering comfort when required..

Love
jj

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad I could give you an answer @SaskiaKC
It is now nearly 8pm, probably about 6 hours after I had my version of the milk shake that made me feel full, and I still feel comfortably full. It is unusual for me to feel full, as I said before.

I shall see what my glucose readings are in the early hours, and also my fbg tomorrow.

That sounds a good meal you had. I wonder why you did not feel satisfied with it.

I wonder the same thing, because I have eaten that same meal before and don't remember it having the same effect. Oh, well, who knows? :) The way diabetes and blood sugars work, it may have been the day of the week, or the weather, or any other reason known only to itself and diabetes! :banghead::blackeye::cat:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder the same thing, because I have eaten that same meal before and don't remember it having the same effect. Oh, well, who knows? :) The way diabetes and blood sugars work, it may have been the day of the week, or the weather, or any other reason known only to itself and diabetes! :banghead::blackeye::cat:

There are so many things @SaskiaKC we have no idea sometimes.
Hugs for you
upload_2019-9-23_4-0-12.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bg this am..5.4.

an interesting day.

events unfurled in a rather haphazard way today and left me a tad perturbed.

link here explains most of it.
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/no-registration-needed-to-view-and-search-forum.168454/

suffice to say, my bad for being so naive..

i simply trusted too much, and in particular the item of my counselling was a matter i agonised over before posting
(glad i want, regret posting about it )
ok posting it up for you guys, not sure i want strangers who just pass by the forum rifling through all my posts and Most definitely DO NOT want those post appearing as a humorous posting on facebook, when i alone should be the arbiter of telling family and friends WHEN i am ready, that i had some mental issues that i needed help with.
(yes, yes i know, i shouldn't feel ashamed or awkward, you are so right but it is how I feel, and isn't that down to me to decide ? )

am currently in the process of going over my old posts and deleting those i feel give too much of me away.
the avatar has gone and i may leave.

it's only to start again under a new avatar or perhaps once my mind settles simply under another name,
but i fail to see how that solves the trust issue i now have with the forum.

On the forum i found hope and kindness,
but on here i also found friendship...so most grateful indeed.

so will not willing throw that way, but i DO need to plan a strategy that resolves this nagging concern with my privacy V the willingness to post openly and honestly.
but if i am honest, i fear the latter will lose.

i will update as i can, for now i am still here, happy bathing in your your own joyous experiences and offering comfort when required..

Love
jj

I don’t want to lose you off this forum. That is me talking selfishly from my point of view. You are a valuable contributor who has helped many of us.

That is a difficulty with posting honestly and openly. And I appreciated you posting about the counselling.

A personal experience on the internet 10 years ago meant meant I felt vulnerable, very much so. I was a newbie to the internet. It was another’s very personal comment on me. I am not going into details. And it hurt I could still find it years later on google by putting in this person’s name and one other word. I have had 2 other experiences where I trusted and got hurt. So I backed off posting a bit. Then something else happened about 4 years ago which caused me to delete the previous year’s worth of daily posts on a particular site. A few times I have nearly deleted myself online. I know online friends who have because of trolls, and I sorely miss those friends.

I backed off again. But I miss the interaction I get on sites. As you know I am profoundly deaf, and on sites like this, and this thread I can have an interaction I cannot have in the real world.

This is some of my experience of the internet. There is more. Before I post now, I think, before every post, will I be okay with my children and grandchildren reading this? I don’t have to think about employers or future employers because I am too old for that.

Going back to you @jjraak you have to do whatever makes you feel comfortable. I also thought this forum couldn’t be read by the general public unless someone was a member of this site. I believe I can understand how you may be feeling at this moment, and it makes me feel sad.

I am very glad you posted this on here, and just didn’t disappear.

Change your avatar (you’ve done that, but change it again as you need to), change your name if that is important to you. Rethink your strategies. All the things you have mentioned in your post. And more when you think of them. Take this breathing space for as long as you need.

I only give online hugs, I am not a tactile person in real life, so please accept this virtual basket of bottomless hugs to take one whenever you need one.

Take care.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Love
jj

I am so sorry to read about your bad experience with this. But I'm very glad you are still here, and I hope that you will continue more like this

t9601.gif
than like this
t9606.gif
. it wouldn't be nearly so joyous for any of us if you weren't here. After all, bathing is best as a group activity, even if it sometimes seems to take place in a fishbowl.
t107106.gif

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak so sorry for the hurt caused by people abusing your bravery and honesty for sharing. As a community I know we will be diminished should you leave but I am certain we will support whatever decision you make.

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning and I'm off for an early walk as it's dry out. Morning numbers are a bit pants at the moment and I don't know why as the rest of the day will stay in the 5's. Oh well, have fun :)

Edit:

@jjraak I've just read through your links, I was aware of the fully open nature of the forum and had questioned it just before I set this thread up. It is easy in a thread like this to forget we are in a totally open environment, we have become friends and, as such, share other areas of our lives.

Personally, I don't agree with the open policy and as someone who uses the same software I am fully aware of what can be done to secure the site but that is not what is wanted in this case. I am also aware of one of the CEOs comments on another site about DCUK and its statement of intent (see here). I personally don't worry as I get too paranoid about security but I understand how distressing it can be to realise everything is open.

I hope you decide to stay, change your avatar and name, I am doing the same as a mark of support. Stay bright

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back @trick60 always a pleasure to read your posts. @gennepher good fbg and touching post before that. So we arrive at the Autumn equinox and 2+ seasons of absurd layers of clothing - socks, trousers, baselayers, fleeces. nightwear, multiple coats, ushankas, half ton quilts and on and on- vain attempts to make LC casseroles etc resemble pleasure:banghead: Fbg was a mystery this morning - one hand was .9 above the other but I'm going with 5.0 out of despair. Random weight gain continues so a long rehab in store. Plenty of work before March 20th next year.
I lie down and sleep and rise again, because the Lord sustains me.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome back @trick60 always a pleasure to read your posts. @gennepher good fbg and touching post before that. So we arrive at the Autumn equinox and 2+ seasons of absurd layers of clothing - socks, trousers, baselayers, fleeces. nightwear, multiple coats, ushankas, half ton quilts and on and on- vain attempts to make LC casseroles etc resemble pleasure:banghead: Fbg was a mystery this morning - one hand was .9 above the other but I'm going with 5.0 out of despair. Random weight gain continues so a long rehab in store. Plenty of work before March 20th next year.
I lie down and sleep and rise again, because the Lord sustains me.

Me too. Amen. ... What is a ushanka, please?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning to a 6. So annoying it's the extra effort I have been making and weight still going down, ah well I will just press on.

Sun is shinning and life is good.

@jjraak sorry to hear about your woes. Your help, concern and support will very much be missed. But I do understand and wish you well with whatever you decide.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Been off-grid down in Wales, visiting Mother who is in her 92nd year.

FBG 6.6 mmo/lt at 0700. Quite good considering the celebration following 8.0 at the Etihad.

Nearly there with the LC keto bread. Will share when I get repeatable good results. I'm avoiding the "eggy" efforts and am looking for reasonable costs plus great taste/texture.