Hbac1 results

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Absolutely brilliant achievement. All the hard work has paid off. Congrats.

Reactions: Paulm80

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Awesome.

Just a word of caution. Don’t be panicked if cholesterol does odd things. If you’ve been losing weight it temporarily rises for many. It settles once weight does. Also total might look bad but if good bits are higher and bad bits lower it’s a good thing. That’s if you believe it’s a concern at all. Get the numbers and if you or your dr are concerned come back here and there are some guru’s on here that can decipher ratios etc with calculators and research backed info.

Reactions: Paulm80 and Rachox

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
[QUOTE="Paulm80, post: 2139910, this one has come in at 32! Rather happy [/QUOTE]
You should be very happy! That's a great reduction in a short period, well done! :)

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
So had my hbac1 results still waiting for cholesterol etc... but we’ve gone from 60 3 months ago to 54 a fortnight later and this one has come in at 32! Rather happy

Hi Paul,
Huge congratulation.
You don't say what you have been doing to get such good results on your Hba1c.
If it is Low Carb dieting especially LCHF, then do not be surprised if your Total Cholesterol and your LDL has gone up.

This normally happens on a Low Carb diet while you are still in weight loss mode because the body id using up all that stored body fat and unfortunately for the Lipid test results, it has to go through the bloodstream to get used up - hence you usually see and increase in both HDL and LDL.

Once your weight has stabilised then your LDL should return to the normal figure for then 'new you'.

Reactions: Prem51 and Paulm80

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Home run, well done.

Paulm80

Hi Paul,
Huge congratulation.
You don't say what you have been doing to get such good results on your Hba1c.
If it is Low Carb dieting especially LCHF, then do not be surprised if your Total Cholesterol and your LDL has gone up.

This normally happens on a Low Carb diet while you are still in weight loss mode because the body id using up all that stored body fat and unfortunately for the Lipid test results, it has to go through the bloodstream to get used up - hence you usually see and increase in both HDL and LDL.

Once your weight has stabilised then your LDL should return to the normal figure for then 'new you'.

Yeah started on 800 Cals a day low carb, realised that wasn’t sustainable so went to 20g a carbs a day 1000- 1500 cals a day
Now just on low carb but have upped them slightly maybe 20 -40 grams sometimes 50 odd, no spike in blood glucose yet from it!
I’ve gone from 112 kg to 93 weight loss has slowed right down now but I don’t mind to be fair - in big built anyway
Still waiting for cholesterol results.......

Reactions: Prem51