Type 2 Weight loss

Reemap

Hi There.. today I checked my weight and it’s 67kg. After pregnancy my weight was 85kg so you can say I lost almost 18kg since than on LCHF diet. Is this healthy ? Loosing so much weight in almost 6 months. I attended a function and I get to hear a lot from people that I am looking thin. Will I continue to loose more weight. When will it stop? As the ideal weight for my height is 62.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you've reached your goal weight, just up the protein and fats some, if you can. For me, nuts stall any weight loss, for example.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi There.. today I checked my weight and it’s 67kg. After pregnancy my weight was 85kg so you can say I lost almost 18kg since than on LCHF diet. Is this healthy ? Loosing so much weight in almost 6 months. I attended a function and I get to hear a lot from people that I am looking thin. Will I continue to loose more weight. When will it stop? As the ideal weight for my height is 62.

Reeemap - Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? What sort of numbers are your blood sugars running at? Over what period is your weight loss?

How are you feeling? Are you otherwise well; not drinking loads, weeing lots?

Of course, it is usual to gain a few pounds whilst pregnant, and ideally that be lost afterwards, folks saying you look thin could just be that they've become accustomed to you carrying a few more pounds, and if they haven't seen you for a while, 18kg is quite a bit to have lost.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t think 18kg in 6 months of low carb is unexpected or excessive, assuming you had it to lose in the first place. It’s roughly 1.5lbs a week. Just about what’s officially recommended. Might sound a lot as a total because using the high carb low fat methods people don’t sustain that for 6 months cos they’re hungry or feeling lousy

People get used to seeing you a certain way, they are jealous, they mean it as a compliment even though it sounds like an insult. Ultimately it’s none of their business.

A lot of us find we naturally hit a weight our body likes to maintain assuming a similar eating plan. If we’re happy with that great. If not it’s about tweaking the fat and protein, assuming your carb level is working for you. More to slow or reverse weight loss, less carbs or fats to encourage a bit more loss.

Reemap

Reeemap - Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? What sort of numbers are your blood sugars running at? Over what period is your weight loss?

How are you feeling? Are you otherwise well; not drinking loads, weeing lots?

Of course, it is usual to gain a few pounds whilst pregnant, and ideally that be lost afterwards, folks saying you look thin could just be that they've become accustomed to you carrying a few more pounds, and if they haven't seen you for a while, 18kg is quite a bit to have lost.
Hi there .. yes I am diabetic and trying to mange with LCHF diet though I think my HF intake in not much..by post meal is sometimes in normal range and sometimes not usually it’s 113-170 range .. fasting is 105-125 range ..weight loss within 5.5 months. I feel well no pain and no issues ..I was diagnosed during my pregnancy with gaestional diabetes in 2018. I delivered baby in year 2019 April.. and sugar was normal for 15 days only .. after which it was in 200 plus.. thanks for your reply

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi there .. yes I am diabetic and trying to mange with LCHF diet though I think my HF intake in not much..by post meal is sometimes in normal range and sometimes not usually it’s 113-170 range .. fasting is 105-125 range ..weight loss within 5.5 months. I feel well no pain and no issues ..I was diagnosed during my pregnancy with gaestional diabetes in 2018. I delivered baby in year 2019 April.. and sugar was normal for 15 days only .. after which it was in 200 plus.. thanks for your reply

Keep an eye on things Reemap. A number of our members have been diagnosed have been diagnosed either during a pregnancy or shortly thereafter - both T2s and T1.

Should you have ongoing concerns, as your Doc to run some tests.

Reemap

Keep an eye on things Reemap. A number of our members have been diagnosed have been diagnosed either during a pregnancy or shortly thereafter - both T2s and T1.

Should you have ongoing concerns, as your Doc to run some tests.
Sure thanks

Reemap

I don’t think 18kg in 6 months of low carb is unexpected or excessive, assuming you had it to lose in the first place. It’s roughly 1.5lbs a week. Just about what’s officially recommended. Might sound a lot as a total because using the high carb low fat methods people don’t sustain that for 6 months cos they’re hungry or feeling lousy

People get used to seeing you a certain way, they are jealous, they mean it as a compliment even though it sounds like an insult. Ultimately it’s none of their business.

A lot of us find we naturally hit a weight our body likes to maintain assuming a similar eating plan. If we’re happy with that great. If not it’s about tweaking the fat and protein, assuming your carb level is working for you. More to slow or reverse weight loss, less carbs or fats to encourage a bit more loss.
Thank you ..