What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Been orf the thread apart from a quick post and then gone, getting on with life. Therefore missed the business on these posts being open to public scrutiny.

Interesting, but but not earth shattering. Yes we must be careful what we say, but do our utterances really matter?
I wonder what the public make of my posts and do I care. You guess I can't be bothered.

@jjraak I like the new avatar.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC I'm comin to getcha!!! I'm not familiar with your neck of the woods so if I'm not back by tomorrow with @SaskiaKC can someone send a search party for me!!!

Imagine saskiaKC emoticons here, I haven't got a clue how to do it. Flowers, search party, binoculars, water, food supplies (low carb).

p0407.gif
p0405.gif

t1974.gif
t1974.gif
t1974.gif
t1903.gif
t1980.gif
t1947.gif
t19128.gif

h14046.gif

t117002.gif
t117016.gif

t117001.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, ate late drank beer not enough sleep got a 5.0, who'd a thunk it.

Reactions: karen8967

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...anti-coagulation clinic today so a quick coffee an even quicker shower then I'm off...have to do food shopping on the way home...no more 'goodies' in the basket...bought contraband for my visitors last weekend they failed to eat them all...you can guess what happened...I haven't eaten all of them the remainder are going into the bin...woke to a 6.7.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...anti-coagulation clinic today so a quick coffee an even quicker shower then I'm off...have to do food shopping on the way home...no more 'goodies' in the basket...bought contraband for my visitors last weekend they failed to eat them all...you can guess what happened...I haven't eaten all of them the remainder are going into the bin...woke to a 6.7.
Sounds like a plan.

Have a good day, hope all goes well at clinic.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 at this ungodly hour! Been awake since about 4am. Got one in me about DUK so winged off a few tweets. Just thinking about my next presentation and it gets me all fired up!

Anyway I'm wide awake.

I'm really not sure it us 4.7. The libre reader reads lower than my mobile scan. But yesterday for some unknown reason my Mobile stopped recording data at 9am. Phoned libre but couldn't help.

Got car service today, breaky out, then picking up BIL for appointment.

Anyway onto brighter news.

@SaskiaKC has been found alive and well. Im know I am speaking for us all on our lovely thread when i say it's good to have you back.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.7 at this ungodly hour! Been awake since about 4am. Got one in me about DUK so winged off a few tweets. Just thinking about NY next presentation and it gets me all fired up!

Anyway I'm wide awake.

I'm really not sure it us 4.7. The libre reader reads lower than my mobile scan. But yesterday for some unknown reason my Mobile stopped recording data at 9am. Phoned libre but couldn't help.

Got car service today, breaky out, then picking up BIL for appointment.

Anyway onto brighter news.

@SaskiaKC has been found alive and well. Im know I am speaking for us all on our lovely thread when i say it's good to have you back.

Thank you.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mornng All. 6.4 so disappointing after a careful day of food but more than made up for by seeing @SaskiaKC back with her intelligence and those lovely emoticons. Hurrah! We just need to get @jjraak back now and we are a complete family. @HarryBeau hope the anti coagulant clinic goes well. Good to see @trick60 back too and great FBG cheese on toast?
It is so dark this morning and lashing down so me and my girls will be staying in, lots of ironing, radio and later some cuddles on the sofa.
Try and get through the bad weather this Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. An I can't get no satisfaction day. Dismal weather, 5.6 fbg and, superficially at least, way too many moving parts. I am probably very naive expecting this WOE to deliver what it promises but then I expect my taps to flow every day. Very much a case of now we see through a glass darkly. Enjoy your day and, fresh from the Penguin book of is that all there is to it?, I offer Be DO Have. This is apparently the secret to longevity.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hope the anti coagulant clinic goes well
Thanks PM although given the rain which is lashing down I'm tempted to stay at home...just a thought nothing more... I shall take my freshly blow dried & straightened hair out in the driving rain...no idea why I did it now...hope you & the girls settle down & enjoy the quiet.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5
Had fish in batter yesterday. Freshly cooked.
Had business to attend to, no time to eat
My only meal yesterday, so ate the crunchy batter.
Blood sugars all normal in 5's and 6's
Have a good day
I'd have done exactly the same gennepher...every time I meet family in London that's what I have...just view it as an occasional treat.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today - an happy with that. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Had hairdressers in the afternoon and spent the whole afternoon doing a little bit of shopping, having a wonderful low carb meal in Bella Italia (the most tender and tasty grilled chicken breast and green salad), and relaxing in various places reading Saturdays 'i' newspaper, doing Suduko and just generally relaxing.

So different from what I usually do - trying to fit in clients so I don't let them down and they miss a week, then a mad rush to the hairdressers - no time to eat than rush back to do evening classes. It's total madness - and I have been doing it this way for 20 years. So now a complete change - I am going to be kinder to myself.

I listened to Something Understood on Radio 4 this weekend and for the first time ever I actually understood it and it really made me think about my life at the moment.

I particularly liked the poem that was quoted - Warning by Jenny Joseph. https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/warning/. It starts off - "when I am an old lady I will wear purple.....'.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A very soggy good morning to one and all, displaced, lost, unidentified and those who have been through a metamorphosis.

A 5.5 today which was a surprise after so many readings in the 6s yesterday.

A day of music making and folk band rehearsals so turn the volume down on whatever devices you use.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 today - an happy with that. Had a wonderful day yesterday. Had hairdressers in the afternoon and spent the whole afternoon doing a little bit of shopping, having a wonderful low carb meal in Bella Italia (the most tender and tasty grilled chicken breast and green salad), and relaxing in various places reading Saturdays 'i' newspaper, doing Suduko and just generally relaxing.

So different from what I usually do - trying to fit in clients so I don't let them down and they miss a week, then a mad rush to the hairdressers - no time to eat than rush back to do evening classes. It's total madness - and I have been doing it this way for 20 years. So now a complete change - I am going to be kinder to myself.

I listened to Something Understood on Radio 4 this weekend and for the first time ever I actually understood it and it really made me think about my life at the moment.

I particularly liked the poem that was quoted - Warning by Jenny Joseph. https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/warning/. It starts off - "when I am an old lady I will wear purple.....'.

I started practising that poem's goals about 10 years ago....