Type 2 Travelling Snacks

Soozieann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
Hi everyone. I'm going on a five day UK coach tour next month and was wondering what sort of snacks you take when travelling. I am assuming there will be opportunities for lunch, but the tour operator can't say definitely. I was thinking of taking a stock of nuts, seeds and apples, things that will be OK in a hotel room. I'd be grateful to hear of any other suggestions.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would suggest nuts, seeds, 70%+ choc, pepperami (and similar).
M&S now do 1oz packs of salami crisp type things. These are delicious but not filling, and comparatively bulky.
And most places will let you buy coffeencream, so you can refill a take out mug at every stop.

Back in the days i drank coffee, i could run all day on a couple of coffees and cream - no snacks needed. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Soozieann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
I would suggest nuts, seeds, 70%+ choc, pepperami (and similar).
M&S now do 1oz packs of salami crisp type things. These are delicious but not filling, and comparatively bulky.
And most places will let you buy coffeencream, so you can refill a take out mug at every stop.

Back in the days i drank coffee, i could run all day on a couple of coffees and cream - no snacks needed. :D

Soozieann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
Thanks so much for that. I will definitely visit M&S:)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pork scratchings...!

I was going to say pork scratchings but you’d have to have a fellow traveller next to you who doesn’t mind the loud crunching sound! :joyful::hilarious:

Flora123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

They sound good. Which section are they in please?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nuts, baby belle cheeses, apples, soft drinks with artificial sweetner, chicken drumsticks, pickled boiled eggs.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Nuts, baby belle cheeses, apples, soft drinks with artificial sweetner, chicken drumsticks, pickled boiled eggs.

I doubt you'd be popular on a coach taking out a boiled egg. :)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a clue, I am afraid.

My Mr B is the M&S shopper in this household.
There is a large one next to one of his work locations, so if he is there, he stocks up.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not a clue, I am afraid.

My Mr B is the M&S shopper in this household.
There is a large one next to one of his work locations, so if he is there, he stocks up.

They were in the refrigerated cold meat section in my M&S, even though they don’t need refrigerating themselves.

Reactions: Flora123

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They were in the refrigerated cold meat section in my M&S, even though they don’t need refrigerating themselves.

They were in boxes below the deli section in mine and I’ve also seen them hanging on strips too. Posting some pics so you know what to look/ask for:

5F2FDE7D-E9D2-4CE9-A763-03CA08E5BF81.jpeg
11429312-B319-4D03-AD3E-F49B7E30E005.jpeg
B0F0283B-AE42-4E58-954C-098DF6E09209.jpeg

Reactions: jjraak and Flora123

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You can also get this, and some delicious snacking cheese by the same maker in the small Sainsbury’s local shops. No refrigerator required for either.

2C323E4B-E198-481E-92FC-B2B8FE1355CC.jpeg