Type 2 Travelling Snacks

Soozieann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
Cheers everyone. I have to think about keeping stuff in a hotel room, your suggestions have been really useful. Am definitely going to hit M&S!!

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers everyone. I have to think about keeping stuff in a hotel room, your suggestions have been really useful. Am definitely going to hit M&S!!
I kept my jar of pickled eggs in the hotel room. They served me well.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was a kid someone told me that the jar of pickled eggs were eyeballs, I still haven't got around to trying them!

Soozieann

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sport.
LOL!!! I have never tried them and have no desire to do so. Eyeballs, I always thought so too when I saw them floating in the jar of vinegar at the chippie.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies in advance for derailing thread but couldn't let a thread with a pickled eggs reference go by with out chipping in.

Bag of XL cheese crisps (northern thing) crushed to crumbs add a pickled egg, shake well - enjoy with a pint of lager - ahh my misspent youth lol

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Pork scratchings...!
I have forced myself to try these a couple of time. Each time o end up throwing them away.

They have to be one if the most disgusting foods (after coffee)

Hi everyone. I'm going on a five day UK coach tour next month and was wondering what sort of snacks you take when travelling. I am assuming there will be opportunities for lunch, but the tour operator can't say definitely. I was thinking of taking a stock of nuts, seeds and apples, things that will be OK in a hotel room. I'd be grateful to hear of any other suggestions.

In my car I have emergency food box I have bolting jerky, tins of tuna (the ready to eat non stainable ones) corned beef (don’t need can opener because they have attached) pepperami, pistachios

These guys suggested them when I struggled in the early days. Has to be said I’ve barehly touched them. But they are there just in case so I feel safer.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies in advance for derailing thread but couldn't let a thread with a pickled eggs reference go by with out chipping in.

Bag of XL cheese crisps (northern thing) crushed to crumbs add a pickled egg, shake well - enjoy with a pint of lager - ahh my misspent youth lol

That would work with crushed pork scratchings!
Or crushed salami crisps!
Or crushed chorizo crisps!

M

Member496333

Small 150ml tub of double cream glugged right out of the pot. Energy grenade. In fact it’s an entire meal. Won’t keep very well though of course.