Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
I've been MIA as I'm annoyed at myself for succumbing to drinking a chocolate hot milk with stevia on Sunday night I bought the milk to make me some yogurt but for the love of .... I craved a glass of hot milk yes I should know better as it causes BSL to rise and my UC to flare so I've been feeling terrible since. And yesterday I slept all day and today have not felt like eating but I thought if I eat white bread thought it may settle my UC down I only ate a 1/4 of bread roll and my BSL skyrocketed to over 10mml/L and now I'm feeling worse headache neck pain sever heartburn why do I do this to myself.. so I've taken some pain meds and somac and been laying down.. hopefully things start to settle down and I feel better soon.

I really Need to find something that I'll be able to tolerate and eat for my UC and not affect my BSL... when I'm like this it's hard to even have energy to make some thing as well and to not feel sick even thinking about eating makes me feel horrible.

Reactions: MargaretR

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning Annabell, Sorry you are having such a rough time at the minute. I have colitis so experience some
of the same things as you. I can definitely empathise with how the thought of preparing & eating food when My gut is acting up.

For me I find that sweeteners such as stevia can upset me. I have found Yakut works well for me to help settle things down.

Hope things improve soon.

Reactions: annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Morning Annabell, Sorry you are having such a rough time at the minute. I have colitis so experience some
of the same things as you. I can definitely empathise with how the thought of preparing & eating food when My gut is acting up.

For me I find that sweeteners such as stevia can upset me. I have found Yakut works well for me to help settle things down.

Hope things improve soon.

Hi h884 Thank you Its good to meet someone who also gets it and understand what it is like to figure out what to eat sometimes! And finding It is hard trying to do this WOE it does help but I found too much fat can cause issues I think. Do you found that? I feel that I have to fine tune this WOE to suit me. I was in another FB group and they kept telling me I was doing everything wrong eat more fat etc,etc they didn't understand what it is like with UC and diabetes.

last night I pulled out my frozen chicken stock and made some chicken soup with it and added turmeric some Carrots celery ginger and garlic for favour mainly just drank the broth and had a tablespoon of the vegetables and it has helped a bit. So going to do the broth thing for a few more days to help settle things down.

I've tried yakut years ago when I was in my worse flare ever and it didn't agree with me then. But I have restarted making my own yoghurt again and just made a batch yesterday as well.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Annabell

Pleased that you have found something that you can tolerate. It can be a matter of trial and error. I often find that food which is plainer such as chicken is best tolerated. Unfortunately that can get a bit boring. I like your idea adding some flavour, makes things more interesting

For me I cannot say too much fat has upset me. Sorry Yakut does not work for you

The worst things for me are antibiotics and drugs such as metformin.

Hope things begin to improve

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi bulkbiker

I have been reading up on the benefits of canivore WOE it is pretty amazing how it has helped so many people. I'm on the fence about fully committing to it at the moment.
I love it...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @annabell1

I shared a house with a girl with UC (we were students, so it is a long time ago), and I became very well aware of the hoops she had to jump through with food. Awful. Ruled her life! So you have my sympathy.

Two of her instant triggers were onion and garlic, which affected EVERYTHING since those were my basic cooking ingredients back then. I often wonder how she is doing nowadays.

I’m normally reluctant to encourage ppl to try carnivory. I am carni myself, but it is such a huge step, and it involves such a change in mindset and a fundamental shift that I always figure people need to find it for themselves, and self motivate, otherwise they just crash and burn.

But in your situation, with your UC flaring, then a day or two of carni might be just the thing. And yes, I am a big believer in the wonders of homemade chicken soup. :D It is my go to food whenever I am under the weather. And of course, it is endlessly tweakable with bone broth, herbs, even blending in some chicken liver for extra nutrition.

Reactions: MargaretR

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
onions
leek
Hi @annabell1

I shared a house with a girl with UC (we were students, so it is a long time ago), and I became very well aware of the hoops she had to jump through with food. Awful. Ruled her life! So you have my sympathy.

Two of her instant triggers were onion and garlic, which affected EVERYTHING since those were my basic cooking ingredients back then. I often wonder how she is doing nowadays.

I’m normally reluctant to encourage ppl to try carnivory. I am carni myself, but it is such a huge step, and it involves such a change in mindset and a fundamental shift that I always figure people need to find it for themselves, and self motivate, otherwise they just crash and burn.

But in your situation, with your UC flaring, then a day or two of carni might be just the thing. And yes, I am a big believer in the wonders of homemade chicken soup. :D It is my go to food whenever I am under the weather. And of course, it is endlessly tweakable with bone broth, herbs, even blending in some chicken liver for extra nutrition.

Hi @annabell1

Thanks Brunneria I've looked at canivore and sometimes think about trying it but it's hard to get my head around only eating meat. But have at times eaten meat and potatoes (I know not keto) but it does sometimes help my UC. So I do do that at times. But like Diabetes many things can influence your BSL and same applies with UC/CROHN'S