Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got my latest HbA1c result on line, lowest ever at 32 :happy:
So that makes two whole years in the mid thirties, I’m very happy with that!
My recipe for success? Three Metformin 500mg per day, but more importantly only eating between 30 - 50g carbs per day.
As always my gratitude goes to the existence of this forum, how easy it is to find helpful, effective info and all the members who give support and advice freely. Thank you!

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Chronic and progressively good.

Reactions: Prem51

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox - that's super-impressive - well done!

I just wish I could have seen metformin make a similar difference for me - I saw no change between taking it and stopping...

But here's @Bluetit1802's 10 gold stars for you:

Rachox.png

Robbity

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
And the crowd goes wild... congrats on the stunning result.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks everyone for your comments, they mean a lot, especially coming from people who get it! :)

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got my latest HbA1c result on line, lowest ever at 32 :happy:
So that makes two whole years in the mid thirties, I’m very happy with that!
My recipe for success? Three Metformin 500mg per day, but more importantly only eating between 30 - 50g carbs per day.
As always my gratitude goes to the existence of this forum, how easy it is to find helpful, effective info and all the members who give support and advice freely. Thank you!
Congratulations @Rachox brilliant results - great too that your bgs have now been under control for a couple of years.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations @Rachox brilliant results - great too that your bgs have now been under control for a couple of years.

Having done low carb for over two years I now feel it is second nature. I scrutinise other people’s shopping trolleys and find myself ticking off in my head the things I no longer eat, not in any way yearning for them but knowing that’s how I’ve sorted my health out :)

Reactions: Prem51 and ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Having done low carb for over two years I now feel it is second nature. I scrutinise other people’s shopping trolleys and find myself ticking off in my head the things I no longer eat, not in any way yearning for them but knowing that’s how I’ve sorted my health out :)
I did a smart shop a few days ago in sainsburys and had problem with it registering - bill came up at about 40 but knew mine was about 50 - I’d done some clothes holiday shopping too! But when I saw raisin bread on the list I couldn’t help saying that can't be mine I’d never ever buy raisin bread! I’m like you I can’t believe what other people purchase.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Scrutinising other folks' trolleys is my hobby when standing in the queue, What junk most of them buy. Judgmental, me?? Never!!!!