Crystal ball time - how long will you live?

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am 48 and having input my 'data' (non smoker, diabetic t1, eat red meat, nuts, dairy but no lentils/beans or wholegrains) I have got a measly score of 64.3
Have sent this to my husband as it doesn't look as though we will have to save as much for our retirement as I had planned....:arghh:
https://apps.bluezones.com/en/vitality/background
I did do this in good faith as it is based on the Blue Zones 'research'.
Can any of you lot get a lower score than me??

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, just so others don’t waste their time. You answer all the questions, then at the end you have to register to get your results. I don’t want to give them my email address so I have no result :(

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
According to Blue Zone criteria I died about six years ago.

NB I did not do the 'quiz'.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am 48 and having input my 'data' (non smoker, diabetic t1, eat red meat, nuts, dairy but no lentils/beans or wholegrains) I have got a measly score of 64.3
Have sent this to my husband as it doesn't look as though we will have to save as much for our retirement as I had planned....:arghh:
https://apps.bluezones.com/en/vitality/background
I did do this in good faith as it is based on the Blue Zones 'research'.
Can any of you lot get a lower score than me??

I'll be honest with you @NicoleC1971 , you just Inputted "red meat" & "dairy." (Along with T1.) of course it's going to throw up some misconceived "pessimism."
Lol, you'd probably get the same feed back from a DSN telling her about the diet alone.. ;)

I can go "one better" counting more accurately the minutes down to my personal demise if you wish..?
Sign up to a computer dating site, create a profile & send the link to my wife... o_O:D

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ok, this may be a little tricky to type, on account of the paroxisms of giggling that i am experiencing.

Please understand, i completed the questionnaire with complete honesty.
- location, obesity, carnivory, absence of veg, beans, grains, and all.
- there were a heck of a lot of relevant questions missing, I thought. I have 2 significant health issues likely to reducemy lifespan not mentioned in the questions, and a 3rd which is a runner up, and is definitely going to make my declining years very uncomfortable.

However, the result (drumroll!!) is that i am likely to live until 97 yrs old, and can live a whopping extra 3 years if I introduce some suggestions they would looooove to make.

In a word: it is tosh.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Aaargh, filled in the whole thing and expect I should have been dead already (apart from diabetes and very few whole (or other) grains and fruit) I'm also overweight by quite a lot, didn't finish education, smoke and drink too much but I'm not about to give them my e-mail address so I'll never know until I die and by then it will be too late to answer the question in your title.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well 61.8 for me.

Apparently I can add another 11 years if I eat more whole grains, fruit, greens, less meat oh and be more religious!

Think I’ll take my chances and stick to carnivore.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well 61.8 for me.

Apparently I can add another 11 years if I eat more whole grains, fruit, greens, less meat oh and be more religious!

Think I’ll take my chances and stick to carnivore.
Did you give them your mail address or is there a way around it?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you give them your mail address or is there a way around it?

I did put my email in. Guess I should have a dedicated one for stuff like this - can never resist even though they’re almost always nonsense.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did put my email in. Guess I should have a dedicated one for stuff like this - can never resist even though they’re almost always nonsense.
The hardly being able to resist this sort of stuff is the reason I asked :hilarious:
And yes, I must have some e-mail address somewhere for this (or perhaps more than 1. Or 3 or 4), but what is it?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
:hilarious:@NicoleC1971 if you are still around at 65 you could complain?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My use by date / age is 80 years old in 2025, so just under six to go.

If you want to have a laugh try the death clock website and see what your score is...

http://www.deathclock.com/
My personal day of death is Tuesday, May 22, 2029 . (or perhaps a day later as I cheated with my birthday with a day)
But the other one is better because it has more variables so you can play around with them. Knowing the exact date has it's merits though.
Do you think Deathclock will compensate you if you happen to not die on their predicted date, landing you in big trouble with debts and such you didn't worry about because you would be dead anyway?

D

Deleted member 308541

Do you think Deathclock will compensate you if you happen to not die on their predicted date, landing you in big trouble with debts and such you didn't worry about because you would be dead anyway?
According to the death clock I kicked off last October 2018, don't know about debt paying though.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My use by date / age is 80 years old in 2025, so just under six to go.

If you want to have a laugh try the death clock website and see what your score is...

http://www.deathclock.com/

Many years ago, my younger sister had an Acorn computer after plaguing our parents for one...
She didn't get on with it. So I commandeered this creaky keyboard & tape player set up, hard wired into a portable TV set & had a play about. There were some games you could program into this thing? One of which was something like "Biorythms?" Lol, anyhow it illuded I would be dead by the year 2000.. Now when the "Millenium bug" passed elsewhere, the world survived & so did I..
Here I am with all the gadgets & my sister still sending holiday snaps in emails sideways..

Life is full of surprises..

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t do this kind of thing because i believe it is based on historic data.
Given all the advancements in type 1 diabetes management, I don’t think history is relevant.

With regards to learning from it's mistakes, "lest we forget." :)

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Let me die a youngman's death
not a clean and inbetween
the sheets holywater death
not a famous-last-words
peaceful out of breath death

When I'm 73
and in constant good tumour