Crystal ball time - how long will you live?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I choked on pasta because I was keeping sauce off my clothes. I probably deserved to die.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I will live until I am at least 64 yo. Pretty certain of that.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
According to my GP and qrisk score, I should have died at least 10 years ago of heart attack or stroke.
We're very glad and grateful that you are still with us and that you are in fine fettle.

D

Deleted member 308541

What about living instead of dying bit by bit from fear of war, health, the changing climate or whatever your personal fears are?
I once feared death and the ATO tax assessor, but I realised I lived through the Cuban missile crisis in the 1960's so I don't care anymore... :meh:

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Wait until you're accosted by the church of scientology in SFO to come in for one of their surveys as I was once in the 80s. I just messed with their heads.

Reactions: catinahat
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am 61 and my life expectancy is 63.1 ! :wideyed: so I'm stuffed :rolleyes: but, taking it all with a large pinch of salt, as pneumonia and sepsis didn't manage to kill me, so I'm not going to let diabetes do it .

Reactions: Diakat

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no point doing any quiz because the minute you put you are type 1 in you automatically 'take' 15 years off your life. Takes no account of a person's lifestyle as if they simply assume all diabetics are doomed because they all have chaotic glucose levels, eat bad food, take no exercise and generally live a life of debauchery.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t do this kind of thing because i believe it is based on historic data.
Given all the advancements in type 1 diabetes management, I don’t think history is relevant.

Helen, I agree. It takes NO account of a person's lifestyle or management. Everybody without diabetes (or other chronic condition) has a life expectancy of around 80 or so but does that mean they will all live until then?, of course not because so many other factors come into it. If lifestyle makes no difference then why are they always going on about it?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Helen, I agree. It takes NO account of a person's lifestyle or management. Everybody without diabetes (or other chronic condition) has a life expectancy of around 80 or so but does that mean they will all live until then?, of course not because so many other factors come into it. If lifestyle makes no difference then why are they always going on about it?

There are so many variables to each individual that make these quiz "thingy ma jig its" utterly ridiculous imo. The same with qrisk scores and all those other similar things.

Reactions: Guzzler
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
My favoutite poem of all time : and to be read out when my time finally comes, but not for a long time yet !

The Life That I Have :

The life that I have

Is all that I have

And the life that I have

Is yours

The love that I have

Of the life that I have

Is yours and yours and yours.

A sleep I shall have

A rest I shall have

Yet death will be but a pause

For the peace of my years

In the long green grass

Will be yours and yours and yours.

By Leo Marks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I'm feeling quite cheerful from reading this thread..
Death date is: Friday, September 29, 2051 and You'll die of old age surrounded by people you love

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I'd better start saving for retirement then..:rolleyes:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lower score, but I'll be healthy and diabetes-free until I'm 40. (I am 40, diabetic for years, and chronically ill since my pre-teens). Supposed to kick the bucket around 64. But!!!! I can add 23 years if I add in fruit and whole grain. That's kinda when I stopped reading.
I am 48 and having input my 'data' (non smoker, diabetic t1, eat red meat, nuts, dairy but no lentils/beans or wholegrains) I have got a measly score of 64.3
Have sent this to my husband as it doesn't look as though we will have to save as much for our retirement as I had planned....:arghh:
https://apps.bluezones.com/en/vitality/background
I did do this in good faith as it is based on the Blue Zones 'research'.
Can any of you lot get a lower score than me??

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am going to die when it happens and not before!

But I'm going to try and do my utmost to prolong my good health and life for as long as possible!

Also, without diagnosis, I definitely would not be posting this!