What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

svgittins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 6.7 this morning. However the fasting reading is often the highest reading I get during the day (typically I have daytime readings of 5.0 to 6.2, while fasting readings typically 6.0 to 7.0 ). Not sure what this means - I guess for most people the fasting reading is the lowest in the day?

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was 6.7 this morning. However the fasting reading is often the highest reading I get during the day (typically I have daytime readings of 5.0 to 6.2, while fasting readings typically 6.0 to 7.0 ). Not sure what this means - I guess for most people the fasting reading is the lowest in the day?

No it seems to be the reverse FBG appears to be the hardest to lower , so your daytime reading are very good .

Reactions: millenium

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
78F04065-5252-42E3-A037-1B911F1C3094.jpeg
I took my calcium combined VitD tablet about 20 mins before testing this morning.
Reading was 7.0. Tablets are different to usual prescription and have some lemon flavouring in them. Wondering if this didn’t help?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Oddly enough I just happen to have in front of me my Adcal +D3 Lemon pack and they do it say contains a small amount of sucrose and soya oil I suppose the sucrose may have an effect depending on what exactly they mean by small amount.

Every day I have to overcome the urge to throw them in the bin it's like chewing lemon flavoured chalk.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oddly enough I just happen to have in front of me my Adcal +D3 Lemon pack and they do it say contains a small amount of sucrose and soya oil I suppose the sucrose may have an effect depending on what exactly they mean by small amount.

Every day I have to overcome the urge to throw them in the bin it's like chewing lemon flavoured chalk.
Yes, these are different to the orange ones I usually have, but I guess the different meds could each be giving a sugar intake.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 8 for me with a 8.2 that is after a few days of having 6's I think I got a tad complacent and increased my carbs since thrus and now its showing up ! Silly me