Type 1 Novarapid shortage?

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
I put my usual script into pharmacy for novarapid 4 th sept , just spoke to pharmacy again still unable to get any insulin , are other people having problems ? Been advised to speak to Drs tomorrow for a back up plan

Reactions: slikwipman

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Humalog seems to be in good supply.Apidra or Regular (R) are alternative options. Let us know if you hear of the reason for the shortage if that 's what is causing the unusual delay in your prescription.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my novorapid the other day from Asda, took around 10 minutes.

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
I put my usual script into pharmacy for novarapid 4 th sept , just spoke to pharmacy again still unable to get any insulin , are other people having problems ? Been advised to speak to Drs tomorrow for a back up plan

Not had any problems

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've just picked up a batch without issue, I hope there isn't a shortage. I know there are 'other' types available but I would hate to have to change to something else when I am used to novorapid and it is working for me.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s taken mine over a week to get my Novorapid.

I posted an abstract of an email I received earlier this month, from Diabetes UK, which stated that Nono Nordisk and Sanofi were increasing their UK stocks of insulin from c6 weeks to 16 weeks, in readiness for Brexit and any ensuant delays.

Obviously, that doesn't help you guys out today, but I'd be curious to hear DUK/NovoNordisk's feedback on it.

(I received the email as an officer, and point of contact for my local DUK group. The email was sent to all such folks.)

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
I picked up 10 cartridges NR this afternoon. Nothing was said.

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
The pharmacy having problems but I use novarapid in my pump so not sure what other insulin is ok to use with my pump and cartridges etc

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wondering if it's because you maybe get NR in vials or pump sized cartridges and not penfil cartridges - I had no issues with supply of my penfil cartridges last weekend from Boots - so maybe also connected to the 'clout' of the pharmacy?

And who mentioned the B word? Of course it has nothing to do with that.............! :rolleyes::hilarious:

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Problems with n/rapid boots the chemist has agreement with markers of NR so boots will have little or no problems getting the insulin but smaller indepentants can and are experiencing problems as told to me by my gp pharmacist who had managed to get me vials of novarapid .

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
My chemist is Bliep, small and independent and lovely. I picked up my NR pen refills last week, no problem.