Type 1 Open APS

Nomi

Hi all,

I’m curious about setting my pump up with a looping system but I have a question before I go out n get all the kit.

I have the dexcom g6 and the insight pump. I tend to find that I sometimes end up with high bg because the insulin has pooled and only starts properly working when I move around. (I work in an office so I’ve started doing laps of the building!)

I have on a few occasions taken additional bolus which has helped reduce the bg, but then as soon as I move around for more than a few minutes my bg plummets as the rest of the insulin suddenly starts to work.

My concern is that the looping system won’t be able to deal with this, and what will it do if my bg plummets very fast?

I don’t want to spend my time bouncing from highs to lows.

In people’s experience would you be comfortable letting a loop deal with this kind of situation?

Thanks in advance!

Naomi

Reactions: deborabaratto

deborabaratto

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos and hypers
Hey!! I looped using the Spirit Combo and Libre + MiaoMiao and for me it worked out really nice - I have only good things to say about the OpenAPS loop, it increased my time in target and lower the nasty lows, but what I didn't enjoyed it was that you can't use extended bolus with it (there's other forms of doing the same, for example when bolusing for pizza which always gives me spikes 3-5h after I eat, but I tried it all and it didn't worked ).

But are you sure your basals are correct? Or you experience that only after changing the catheter?
Hi all,

I’m curious about setting my pump up with a looping system but I have a question before I go out n get all the kit.

I have the dexcom g6 and the insight pump. I tend to find that I sometimes end up with high bg because the insulin has pooled and only starts properly working when I move around. (I work in an office so I’ve started doing laps of the building!)

I have on a few occasions taken additional bolus which has helped reduce the bg, but then as soon as I move around for more than a few minutes my bg plummets as the rest of the insulin suddenly starts to work.

My concern is that the looping system won’t be able to deal with this, and what will it do if my bg plummets very fast?

I don’t want to spend my time bouncing from highs to lows.

In people’s experience would you be comfortable letting a loop deal with this kind of situation?

Thanks in advance!

Naomi

Reactions: porl69