Just got mm2!

Alexsalter47

Okay people. new thread. Ive checked through my own threads and such. for old advise. collected this, its alright... id prefer a lot more detail.

besides the point. just looking for active people to chat and help.

MM2 came today. ordered 4th september. charging as we speak. it flashes blue every like 7 seconds or whatever atm. no idea if that means charge complete or not.

Excited to get it started and mega play time :D :D

thanks for all your help and advise so far. libre has changed my life. and now after 16 years, im finally in the process of getting Omnipod, kinda a little scared. im very techy so i can handle those parts. but its obviously going to be a big change compared to how easy MDI's are.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Alexsalter47
I am on omnipod 4 years and love it---- not sure if this is your first pump --- if it is just be a bit prepared in case all does not run totally smoothly right from the word go.... it took me about 6 weeks of tweaking basal rates and sensitivity settings and adjusting carb ratios before I was totally happy ….

Alexsalter47

yeah this is my first. just finished wearing the demo for 3 days. yeah im all ready for it, not going to take any risks. i presume theres different profiles i ll have to discover, for like ''work' or 'sitting at home'' or 'sleeping' , gonna be tough to go through all that, but im hoping , that when they profiles are set up correctly, the control is good. is it true that you can find a certain basal rate of which I could just sit there? for hours? and my blood would be stable? thanks for the quick reply

Alexsalter47

Hmmm my sensors been on 6 days. i seem to have the MM2 connected. but not displaying new blood data. Does anyone know If I have to start a new sensor? or delete all my calibrations maybe?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
yeah this is my first. just finished wearing the demo for 3 days. yeah im all ready for it, not going to take any risks. i presume theres different profiles i ll have to discover, for like ''work' or 'sitting at home'' or 'sleeping' , gonna be tough to go through all that, but im hoping , that when they profiles are set up correctly, the control is good. is it true that you can find a certain basal rate of which I could just sit there? for hours? and my blood would be stable? thanks for the quick reply
I think we are all different and it is only by doing lots of basal testing that we arrive at a profile that suits us

Reactions: Alexsalter47

Alexsalter47

I think we are all different and it is only by doing lots of basal testing that we arrive at a profile that suits us

But is that true? ive never bothered much in basal testing, always ran basal higher than it needs to be lets say. but with this pump, it will be the first time I try and create/find more stable basal.

i ll word it another way. whats your resting/sleeping basal like using the pump? , or even, your friends basals?

thanks

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well I just hope it makes a difference for you and all works out well and for the better.

Reactions: Alexsalter47

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
But is that true? ive never bothered much in basal testing, always ran basal higher than it needs to be lets say. but with this pump, it will be the first time I try and create/find more stable basal.

i ll word it another way. whats your resting/sleeping basal like using the pump? , or even, your friends basals?

thanks
with the starting point of us all being different here are my basal rates from 10pm to 6am

10pm to 11pm 1.15u
11pm to 12am 1.25u
12am to 1am 1.30u
1am to 2am 1.35u
2am to 3am 1.80u
3am to 4am 2.00u
4am to 6am 1.60u

I used to get a big spike with dawn phenomenon but on a pump it is eliminated
my total daily basal is 28.75u
On MDI my lantus dose was 34u at about 6:30pm
maybe get hold of the book Pumping Insulin by John Walsh --
IMO basal rate testing is the foundation on which good results using a pump come from.