Novomix 30

Fbk31

Have been given novomix 30 by pharmacist instead of my usual novorapid- no other supplies

I usually take lantus at night
Had 4u with meal- do I reduce the lantus tonight
Usually have 22U

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi and welcome to the forum. I am afraid we can’t advise on med doses on the forum. May I suggest you speak to the pharmacist, doctor or out of hours service depending where you are.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, welcome

Novomix 30 isn't the same as Novorapid.
Novomix 30 is a mixed insulin - 30% fast acting and 70% background insulin. You need to speak to the pharmacy about the mistake. Keep monitoring and speak with your team or pharmacist tomorrow.

Colin Crowhurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mathematically given that 30% is fast acting your would need 14u to give 4u of rapid and 10u of background if you multiply this up for each meal (assuming 3) you would daily take 12u rapid and 30u background per day from a total of 42u.
This MIGHT help you work out what you need, but I would agree with the other posters, whilst this is better than NO insulin you really should contact GP/DSN for a repeat script and get the right sort for your own calculations!
My maths is only approx. as it does not work out without fractions! And I find as a novomix 30 user that even after shaking vigorously to re-mix the two types every time it doesn't always seem to be the same!