Cholesterol and Statins

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Many thanks to Bulkbiker and others for this post. I am due to see a lipid Consultant next Tuesday (referred by my Diabetes Consultant) due to my cholesterol being 6.6 (HDL 2.2, trigs 0.5 and the rest LDL). NO family history that would indicate FH but the Diabetes Consultant says in his opinion, that is what he thinks I have. All current glucose levels are good/weight in the middle of the BMI range/exercise every day/don't smoke or drink etc - I say this just to set the scene!). I will be fully armed (because of THIS post) to ask him very direct questions about statins, I would be grateful for any specific questions anyone thinks I should ask!
What’s FH?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) is an inherited condition that results in high levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol. ... People who have the familial version will generally have much higher cholesterol levels, as well as heart disease at a much younger age. FH is also known as type 2 hyperlipoproteinemia

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum, but thought it would fit well here.

Ivor Cummins at Oxford University Fat and Cholesterol in Coronary Disease:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mess with LDL at your peril...from the great Dr Nadir Ali

This is in no way an endorsement of Dr Berg!