What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...what a day yesterday still exhausted after work (aging fast now) lots of follow up phone calls to make...documents had to get where they needed to be (all scanned)… in the evening shopping delivered & packed away...finally I got to sit down & relax...fell into the sofa with the heating on...TV on...nodded off for an hour or so...then off to bed around midnight had a luxurious seven hours sleep...needed it...coffee is good no rain of sign or Lorenzo yet...woke to a 5.9

Reactions: karen8967

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Brrr..cold first thing..heating came on full, 1st time this Autumn.

7.5 mmo/lt at 0615, better than yesterday......cue music "the long and winding road, that leads to T2 remission"
Think John and Macca had a better lyric.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from the la la land that is Bordeaux.

The wonder wheel of rude awakenings due to a very low amount of circulating sugar eventually climbed from below 3 to a reasoned 5.4 - liver doing everything back to front.

Had a good 9.4 mile stomp round Bordeaux yesterday, looking at old buildings , sipping koffy wearing a scarf whilst watching peacocks and peahens promenading and ogling at stuff in shops.
One shop, across the road from where we had lunch and called Parenthasis (https://www.parenthesebordeaux.com/), charged you ten bob just to look in the window. Freaking ‘ell.

Have a great day if you can, big virtual hugs for anyone who needs one.

upload_2019-10-3_8-9-5.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 this morning

Air is brisk. 4.9 Centigrade outside (no the 4.9 is not my blood sugar readings but I would like them a wee bit lower).

The sky is amazing shades of reds, peaches, and purples.

Red in the morning, shepherd’s warning?

Having my coffee. Can’t wait to get outside in the garden. I love these fresh mornings.

Hope you all have a brilliant day.
:)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.6 this morning

Air is brisk. 4.9 Centigrade outside (no the 4.9 is not my blood sugar readings but I would like them a wee bit lower).

The sky is amazing shades of reds, peaches, and purples.

Red in the morning, shepherd’s warning?

Having my coffee. Can’t wait to get outside in the garden. I love these fresh mornings.

Hope you all have a brilliant day.
:)

Snap for the red sky bit.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A simple 6.0 this morning. I shall take advantage of the ceasefire between the god of thunder and us mortals to go for a walk, enjoy the day :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@HarryBeau your working day sounds absolutely exhausting. Hope it isn't so hectic today.

5.6 this morning. Relaxing with a coffee then doggie walking. Must dig out my gloves. Then off to the podiatrist to get feet done. Then hopefully get some admin done (with the help of more coffee). Then off to teach classes.

Food diary is filled in. Looking forward to chicken sprinkled with paprika and veggies stirfried in butter for lunch. And more coffee. Need to order more coffee soon.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning everyone from the la la land that is Bordeaux.

The wonder wheel of rude awakenings due to a very low amount of circulating sugar eventually climbed from below 3 to a reasoned 5.4 - liver doing everything back to front.

Had a good 9.4 mile stomp round Bordeaux yesterday, looking at old buildings , sipping koffy wearing a scarf whilst watching peacocks and peahens promenading and ogling at stuff in shops.
One shop, across the road from where we had lunch and called Parenthasis (https://www.parenthesebordeaux.com/), charged you ten bob just to look in the window. Freaking ‘ell.

Have a great day if you can, big virtual hugs for anyone who needs one.

View attachment 35982
Pretty sure you are enjoying Bordeaux - beautiful place. Looking at that website your wallet had a lucky escape by just window shopping - take the granddaughters there:angelic:. Seems to be what is now called aspirational. Not one for the Naomi Kleins of this world.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Pretty sure you are enjoying Bordeaux - beautiful place. Looking at that website your wallet had a lucky escape by just window shopping - take the granddaughters there:angelic:. Seems to be what is now called aspirational. Not one for the Naomi Klein's of this world.

Luckily for both me and my wallet, Mrs Miggins is not the handbag / shoe fashionista type - at least that’s what she tells me.

Reactions: trick60

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ooh I like the djinn toddies :)
I love djinn toddies too...a good slug of tonic of course ice & a slice...always puts me in mind of Abigail's party...I worked at the Royal National Theatre when I was a student I went to a Question & Answer production with Mike Leigh & the original cast...it was fabulous...a massive queue for the bar beforehand...and of course it was Gin & Tonics all round.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, like others it is a tad chilly, yes @True Blue our heating also greeted us with warm radiators for the first time this year. BG today 5.9 after another 6 hours sleep, that's the second time this year I have managed more than the usual 4 hours and I have no idea why but I guess it must be doing me some good.

Daughter coming around today to help sort out all the silly pictures of me doing daft things ready for embarrassing me at my 70 birthday bash in a weeks time. Still it will be fun looking through the many family albums.

Keep warm and enjoy your day everyone.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.7 today which may be due to me eating more generally due to colder temperatures. Need to check that. Lorenzo is due to hit Ireland between tea today and breakfast tomo so we wont see it till Friday I guess. @HarryBeau I worked on the South Bank in the late 80s early 90s. Your G&T induction sounds fabulous! @OldButBold enjoy your walk and wrap up well. @trick60 amazing fbg enjoy your CoT.
Hope you all have a good Thursday. Stay well, stay safe.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I worked on the South Bank in the late 80s early 90s.
The same period as me I was there in the late eighties/early nineties...I loved working there PM...even the late shifts queuing on Waterloo Bridge at midnight... waiting for the night bus not worried at all about the time or travelling on public transport...such a vibrant atmosphere...perhaps I should have made a career there;)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The same period as me I was there in the late eighties/early nineties...I loved working there PM...even the late shifts queuing on Waterloo Bridge at midnight... waiting for the night bus not worried at all about the time or travelling on public transport...such a vibrant atmosphere...perhaps I should have made a career there;)
Amazing we probably met in the street..did you go to the Arches wine bar too?
I also loved working there the only downside walking from the train through cardboard city...I also tried to help the ones with dogs cos I felt it was there reason for living.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing we probably met in the street..did you go to the Arches wine bar too?
I also loved working there the only downside walking from the train through cardboard city...I also tried to help the ones with dogs cos I felt it was there reason for living.
No I didn't go to the wine bar PM ooh but wish I had...my social life at the time was in the theatre there was always something going on...a party often spontaneous...then back home for revision & preparing for seminars...my bus stopped right on the bridge so I didn't have to walk thought cardboard city...I agree their pets do keep some of them going the reason to carry on & despite their extremely difficult circumstances those animals are loved & well cared for.